Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse excel file with html on each cell Post 302913844 by oliveiraum on Wednesday 20th of August 2014 07:42:36 AM
Old 08-20-2014
Hello Robin, thanks for you're quick reply

Well I haven't tried much yet because I was struggling to find the best way to do it... I simply used
Code:
sed 's/<[^>]*>//g' file > newfile

to remove the tags but I was trying to see if it is real hard to make the way I told in the answer above....

I'll try to achieve what you told me to...this is my best answer!Smilie

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-20-2014 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Capitalised first person singular and spellings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change the cell background in excel sheet using Perl

I need to change a cell in an excel sheet to different background color using perl. Please help regarding this. Thanks and Regards, Neelam G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change cell background in excel sheet using perl

I need to change a cell in an excel sheet to different background color using perl.I tried SaveParse, but was unable to get it Please help regarding this. Thanks and Regards, Neelam G https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Modify Excel cell formatting

Hi, I would like to modify an existing excel cell format to a custom format. Is there a way to do it with out writing into a new excel file. In-place editing? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export into a single cell of excel sheet...

The awk is giving below output: SELECT divrel.child_org_idn org_main_idn NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_2 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_3 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_4 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_5 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_6 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_7 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Append data to existing excel cell

Hello All, I have the following code in PERL to write data to excel sheet. Can someone please help me about how to append data to an exisitng cell? For ex in the below given case,Cell 1,1 has Active State PERL Now I want to add a new line like "prorgamming" without overwritting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - If then else rule like Excel cell

Hi, I need extract / transpose where "Y" in the input file My input file is Item,EB,SB,SD,TP,GR LP,Y,N,N,N,Y GC,Y,N,N,N,N CO,N,Y,Y,Y,Y PS,Y,N,N,Y,Y Expecting output is EB-/'LP/',/'GC/',/'PS/' SB-/'CO/' SD-/'CO/' TP-/'CO/',/'PS/' GR-LP,CO,PS I appreciate for your help Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse html file

Is it possible in awk to parse a webpage (EDAR Gene Sequencing - Genetic Testing Company | The DNA Diagnostic Experts | GeneDx), the source code is attached. <title> EDAR Gene Sequencing <dt>Test Code:</dt> <dd>156 </dd> <dt>Turnaround Time:</dt> <dd>6-8 weeks </dd> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cell color based on Status in HTML output

Hi, I need to get the Status Column in Green if it is approved and Red if it is declined in the HTML output attachment#!/bin/bash body_csv="/authlistener/ProdA/service/queryRS.csv" body_html="/authlistener/ProdA/service/queryRS.html" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maddelav
1 Replies
RRDp(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   RRDp(3)

NAME
RRDp - Attach RRDtool from within a perl script via a set of pipes; SYNOPSIS
use RRDp RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline $answer = RRD::read $status = RRD::end $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real, $RRDp::error_mode, $RRDp::error DESCRIPTION
With this module you can safely communicate with the RRDtool. After every RRDp::cmd you have to issue an RRDp::read command to get RRDtools answer to your command. The answer is returned as a pointer, in order to speed things up. If the last command did not return any data, RRDp::read will return an undefined variable. If you import the PERFORMANCE variables into your namespace, you can access RRDtool's internal performance measurements. use RRDp Load the RRDp::pipe module. RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable start RRDtool. The argument must be the path to the RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline pass commands on to RRDtool. Check the RRDtool documentation for more info on the RRDtool commands. Note: Due to design limitations, RRDp::cmd does not support the "graph -" command - use "graphv -" instead. $answer = RRDp::read read RRDtool's response to your command. Note that the $answer variable will only contain a pointer to the returned data. The reason for this is, that RRDtool can potentially return quite excessive amounts of data and we don't want to copy this around in memory. So when you want to access the contents of $answer you have to use $$answer which dereferences the variable. $status = RRDp::end terminates RRDtool and returns RRDtool's status ... $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real these variables will contain totals of the user time, system time and real time as seen by RRDtool. User time is the time RRDtool is running, System time is the time spend in system calls and real time is the total time RRDtool has been running. The difference between user + system and real is the time spent waiting for things like the hard disk and new input from the Perl script. $RRDp::error_mode and $RRDp::error If you set the variable $RRDp::error_mode to the value 'catch' before you run RRDp::read a potential ERROR message will not cause the program to abort but will be returned in this variable. If no error occurs the variable will be empty. $RRDp::error_mode = 'catch'; RRDp::cmd qw(info file.rrd); print $RRDp::error if $RRDp::error; EXAMPLE
use RRDp; RRDp::start "/usr/local/bin/rrdtool"; RRDp::cmd qw(create demo.rrd --step 100 DS:in:GAUGE:100:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10); $answer = RRDp::read; print $$answer; ($usertime,$systemtime,$realtime) = ($RRDp::user,$RRDp::sys,$RRDp::real); SEE ALSO
For more information on how to use RRDtool, check the manpages. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> perl v5.12.1 2010-03-22 RRDp(3)