Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Argv not found (script shell) Post 302913640 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 19th of August 2014 03:42:36 AM
Old 08-19-2014
How did you use csh instead of bash ? Did you change the shebang? Show us what you did. I noticed that you changed endif to fi twice, but that is the wrong syntax in csh. If you want to rewrite the script to bash you need to make more changes...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run error ksh: not found

Hi All, I am trying to run a script to FTP files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server. Actually I can able to FTP file successfully by manually or paste whole script at prompt. But when I am trying to run script it is giving error. Please let me know the cause. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nz80qy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

found error 138 while run shell script

I found error 138 while run a shell script. Please tell me what it's mean?? and how can i prevent that error. Thanks in advance..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm:command not found in linux Bash shell script

Hi All, Linux lxs3er06 2.6.9-67.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Issue: While executing shell scripts in bash shell, following error messages are thrown: rm:command not found On doing little investigation, I added '/bin' to $PATH and on doing echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found in shell script - stumped for 4 days

Hello, I like to begin with :wall:.. literally... It has been 4 days and I have no idea how to fix it. Environment - AIX 5.3 I wrote a script to call on ssh to log into another box via PKA to do something else. If I run the script on the terminal, it works 100%. If the SAP customised... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plonkagain
11 Replies

5. Programming

C shell deciphers someones code & argv

I’m trying to work off of someone else code they gave me as an example but they are gone! I’m trying to pretty much write a wrapper of several different scripts. They use argv…I keep on thinking the next one should be argv ect. I’m not sure if maybe its different in PERL maybe if that’s true? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carbuncle11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

argv usage in a korn shell script

I'm trying to count and display the variables on a command line #!/bin/ksh $# argv from command line: tryit2 this is a test returns : tryit2: 4: not found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch shell script if string match is found

I'm trying to write a simple shell script that looks at a given text file and if the only word in the file is 'completed', it launches another shell script. So far I have this almost working... if grep 'completed' $datafile then... however, using this logic the secondary shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickeyGreen
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

+: not found Error in shell script

Hi , I am a newbie to shell scripting. I am getting the error on AIX machine /tadfdc_setup_fed.sh: +: not found Here tadfdc_setup_fed.sh is script which works fine on Linux Machine. But gives error on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam Kakade
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script error: not found

Hello All, I'm working on one Unix shell sript that will actually extract a column data from Oracle table using sqlplus and writes onto a file. I'm getting this error when executing the shell script: rpt.ksh: ^JScott: not found Below is the code in the shell script: `sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
1 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the repository is a bare repository, and dies if so. Used by scripts that require working tree (e.g. checkout). get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. AUTHOR
Written by Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. torvalds@osdl.org mailto:torvalds@osdl.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)