Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gdb backtrace
Top Forums Programming Gdb backtrace Post 302913438 by kbw on Saturday 16th of August 2014 10:41:13 PM
Old 08-16-2014
It's a call stack. It means the stack starts at your function, thread_proxy and crashed in __gcc_cxx::new_allocator, which proceeds to raise an error, which is where it eventually stops.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

BackTrace

i need to know how one can get the backtrace of a program in c++ as you find in gdb or dbx on doing a ctrl c (or any signal to the os) do help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
6 Replies

2. Programming

printing a stack trace with backtrace

I am trying to print a stack trace programatically using backtrace and backtrace_symbols. The problem is that the stack being printed in a mangled format. Is there a way to get the output in more of a human readable form? I am using Red Hat and the program is written in c++. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmirza
2 Replies

3. Programming

MIPS backtrace

Hi, I'm working in a MIPS processor and, since the function backtrace() is not implemented for this architecture, I would like to know if there is another way to do a stack backtrace in this processor. Thanks a lot!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
3 Replies
ABORT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  ABORT(3)

NAME
abort - cause abnormal process termination SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> void abort(void); DESCRIPTION
The abort() first unblocks the SIGABRT signal, and then raises that signal for the calling process (as though raise(3) was called). This results in the abnormal termination of the process unless the SIGABRT signal is caught and the signal handler does not return (see longjmp(3)). If the SIGABRT signal is ignored, or caught by a handler that returns, the abort() function will still terminate the process. It does this by restoring the default disposition for SIGABRT and then raising the signal for a second time. RETURN VALUE
The abort() function never returns. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +----------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +----------+---------------+---------+ |abort() | Thread safety | MT-Safe | +----------+---------------+---------+ NOTES
Up until glibc 2.26, if the abort() function caused process termination, all open streams were closed and flushed (as with fclose(3)). However, in some cases this could result in deadlocks and data corruption. Therefore, starting with glibc 2.27, abort() terminates the process without flushing streams. POSIX.1 permits either possible behavior, saying that abort() "may include an attempt to effect fclose() on all open streams". CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008, 4.3BSD, C89, C99. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), sigaction(2), assert(3), exit(3), longjmp(3), raise(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-11-26 ABORT(3)