Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux applications finding their files Post 302913412 by theKbStockpiler on Saturday 16th of August 2014 11:40:38 AM
Old 08-16-2014
Thanks for the reply

I can only vaguely remember what I read but I thought that linux applications could just be pointed to a directory and the loader or exeve could some how determine which file to load. The implications sound interesting but I may have gotten the wrong idea. Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

3. AIX

finding 3rd party Applications installed on AIX

Hi,. I want to know how to find out 3rd party application installed on aix, example Oracle database if it is installed on aix box it is not showing as installed using lslpp -l command Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Programming

Fetch running applications list in Linux

Hi, I need to write a code which will fetch all the application activity on user computers including app name, time of day, duration, version, etc. Using this I need to know which applications are running currently in user's computers. How can it be done programmatically? I need to write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunarora
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Analogues applications between Windows Application to Linux

Hi Guys I have a network where exist differences windows applications like Active Directory (to management the profile of each person) DNS Well, as you know for these applications the company must be, every year, buy licenses. I want know what option exist I could test / evaluate with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
4 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)