Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect script that simulates a SSH brute force attack Post 302913218 by ph0enix on Thursday 14th of August 2014 02:05:55 PM
Old 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nix4life
The following will read a file line-by-line. Replace "users.txt" with the name and path to your file.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect -f
#

set fh [ open "users.txt" r]

set fileData [read $fh]

close $fh

set data [split $fileData "\n"]
foreach line $data {
    puts $line
}

Thank you! It works perfectly! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache brute force attack

Hi, I'm trying find out if there is a way to stop a brute force attack on a Webmail site. I'm trying to setup a webmail access, but I would like to prevent too many invalid logins from the same IP. I've looked into Snort, but I was wondering if there was an application level firewall that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Brute force SMTP attack right now *help*

Im currently experiancing a brute force attack on my server Nov 26 15:27:04 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:13 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:22 ws096 saslauthd: do_auth : auth failure: Nov 26 15:27:29 ws096... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to ssh into MMI

Guys, I know this is tricky.. I'm trying to write a script to pull info from a MMI device. Following script logins into the server and then changes to super user. Opens MMI session and then exits out. I need to run the command under the MMI session "dsp_alarm_span all" Is there any other way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Expect Script

Ok, i don't know if anyone else here have had to deal with something like this before, but here's my situation. I have about 1000+ servers I need to log into to do something. What i need to do is to log into each server, go to a certain directory on each of the servers, copy the files that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script to Automate SSH

How would I write an expect script to automate ssh and what file extention do expect files use? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using SSH with expect command

Hi all, I want to connect to some host with "ssh". I have googled and got some commands of "expect" and "spawn". I was not aware of these commands and tried below script. $ cat auto.sh set host xx.xx.xx.xx set password abcd@1234 set user root spawn ssh $user@$host expect "*?assword:*"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Password to SSH without using expect in a Script

How can I pass password in SSH command without using expect in a shell program. I don't have expect installed on my Solaris server. #!/bin/bash ssh user@hotname (how to supply pass in script?:wall:) Experts please help its very urgent. Shrawan Kumar Sahu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss135r
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

DDoS and brute force attack

How to protect DDoS and brute force attack. I want to secure my server and block attacker. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: romanepo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies
bntext(5)							File Formats Manual							 bntext(5)

NAME
bnmotd.txt, bnnews.txt bnissue.txt - messages for the Unix Battle.net daemon DESCRIPTION
The file bnmotd.txt contains text displayed by bnetd(1), when users first log into the server. The file bnnews.txt contains text displayed when the user uses the /news chat command. The files consist of raw text with printf-style formatting escapes. Each line of a file can contain a type formatter from the following list: %B Use the broadcast attribute (???). %C Execute the line as if the user entered it as a command. %E Use the error attribute (red). %I Use the info attribute (yellow). This is the same was %W. %M Normal chat message (white). This will appear as if the user said it. %T Emote chat message (???). This will appear as if the user said it. %W Use the warning attribute (yellow). This is the same was %I. Within a line, any of the following format formatters may be used: %% Expand to a literal percent sign (%). %a Expand to the number of accounts on the server. %c Expand to the number of channels on the server. This includes all permanent and current temporary channels. %g Expand to the number of games on the server. This includes both public and private (passworded) games. %h Expand to the hostname of the server (as returned by gethostname(2)). %i Expand to this user's account ID number, formatted with a leading pound (#) sign and leading zeros. %l Expand to this user's current chat name which is usually the same %r Expand to the IP of the remote machine (the client). %t Expand to four character client tag. %u Expand to the number of users logged into the server. %v Expand to the version number of the server. SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) 2 August, 2001 bntext(5)