Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Set script to run during specific times Post 302912263 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 08:10:03 PM
Old 08-06-2014
You might try something like:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
IAm=${0##*/}
read d hm <<-EOF
	$(LC_ALL=C date '+%a %H%M')
EOF
hm=${hm#0}	# Strip leading zero from hour and minute, if present.
case $d in
(Sun)	if [ $hm -ge 2100 ] || [ $hm -le 600 ]
	then	down=1
	fi;;
(*)	if [ $hm -ge 2100 ] && [ $hm -le 2130 ]
	then	down=1
	fi;;
esac
if [ "$down" == 1 ]
then	printf '%s: Exiting: Scheduled downtime.\n' "$IAm"
else if [ `ps -ef|grep dw.sap|grep userprd|wc -l` -lt 3 ]; then
        mailx -s "PRD is down!" helpdesk@klm-ltd.org < /dev/null
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set schedule to run a script at background while logout

Hi, How can I run a script at 9:00am and 6:00pm everyday? Can I run it at background while I logout my account? Please help!! Many Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help howto make a script for Set SNOOP run for 5 minutes

Hi all, I want to monitoring my interface every 6 hours where i want to run snoop command to capture all packet through the interface, so i want running snoop then snoop will run for 5 minutes after that snoop stop then will start again after 6 hours than run for 5 minutes again. thereis any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tindasz
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run same script multiple times in parallel

Hi all, I have a requirement in which a script invokes a Java program. Lets say script ABC invokes a java program with cfg file a parameter. This script takes 10 minutes to execute . Like this ineed to run the program 10 times meaning 100 minutes if i do it sequentially. If i open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a script to set a globle varible?

Hi, My original shell is csh, I don't likw it, so I have to run bash every time after I login, the problem is I have a script like export PLOG=$1, every time I run the script under bash, the PLOG won't be set, I know I can use source to set the PLOG, is there any other way to do it? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run x times

Hi, First i need to cd to this directory $SWDIR/util Second i need to run the following either 4 times or 20 times ./swadm add_process 1 BG Y how can i put this in a script which should ask for user input on how many times you want to run this Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting script how many times it run?

i should use this script runs how many times before ? how can i do_? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .command at specific times

Okay so I've got a command to start my java server up, but I want it to start at say 8:00AM and then stop at 11:00PM. In order to stop it I have to type stop and press enter in the terminal. I've been trying to get this to work and I'm having no luck. Here's my command: #!/bin/bash cd "`dirname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustChillin1414
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script that will run for a specific date

Hi, I have these changes needed to modify a shell script that will run on a specific date of a month, below pseudocode, appreciate any answers..thanks.. if date of the month is 26th then ..event 1 fi if date of the month is 26th and month are MAR,JUN,SEP,DEC then ..event2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies