Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Set script to run during specific times Post 302912263 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 08:10:03 PM
Old 08-06-2014
You might try something like:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
IAm=${0##*/}
read d hm <<-EOF
	$(LC_ALL=C date '+%a %H%M')
EOF
hm=${hm#0}	# Strip leading zero from hour and minute, if present.
case $d in
(Sun)	if [ $hm -ge 2100 ] || [ $hm -le 600 ]
	then	down=1
	fi;;
(*)	if [ $hm -ge 2100 ] && [ $hm -le 2130 ]
	then	down=1
	fi;;
esac
if [ "$down" == 1 ]
then	printf '%s: Exiting: Scheduled downtime.\n' "$IAm"
else if [ `ps -ef|grep dw.sap|grep userprd|wc -l` -lt 3 ]; then
        mailx -s "PRD is down!" helpdesk@klm-ltd.org < /dev/null
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set schedule to run a script at background while logout

Hi, How can I run a script at 9:00am and 6:00pm everyday? Can I run it at background while I logout my account? Please help!! Many Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help howto make a script for Set SNOOP run for 5 minutes

Hi all, I want to monitoring my interface every 6 hours where i want to run snoop command to capture all packet through the interface, so i want running snoop then snoop will run for 5 minutes after that snoop stop then will start again after 6 hours than run for 5 minutes again. thereis any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tindasz
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run same script multiple times in parallel

Hi all, I have a requirement in which a script invokes a Java program. Lets say script ABC invokes a java program with cfg file a parameter. This script takes 10 minutes to execute . Like this ineed to run the program 10 times meaning 100 minutes if i do it sequentially. If i open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a script to set a globle varible?

Hi, My original shell is csh, I don't likw it, so I have to run bash every time after I login, the problem is I have a script like export PLOG=$1, every time I run the script under bash, the PLOG won't be set, I know I can use source to set the PLOG, is there any other way to do it? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run x times

Hi, First i need to cd to this directory $SWDIR/util Second i need to run the following either 4 times or 20 times ./swadm add_process 1 BG Y how can i put this in a script which should ask for user input on how many times you want to run this Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting script how many times it run?

i should use this script runs how many times before ? how can i do_? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .command at specific times

Okay so I've got a command to start my java server up, but I want it to start at say 8:00AM and then stop at 11:00PM. In order to stop it I have to type stop and press enter in the terminal. I've been trying to get this to work and I'm having no luck. Here's my command: #!/bin/bash cd "`dirname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustChillin1414
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script that will run for a specific date

Hi, I have these changes needed to modify a shell script that will run on a specific date of a month, below pseudocode, appreciate any answers..thanks.. if date of the month is 26th then ..event 1 fi if date of the month is 26th and month are MAR,JUN,SEP,DEC then ..event2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies
DATE(1) 							   User Commands							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the system date and time SYNOPSIS
date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] DESCRIPTION
Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date. -d, --date=STRING display time described by STRING, not `now' -f, --file=DATEFILE like --date once for each line of DATEFILE -ITIMESPEC, --iso-8601[=TIMESPEC] output date/time in ISO 8601 format. TIMESPEC=`date' for date only, `hours', `minutes', or `seconds' for date and time to the indi- cated precision. --iso-8601 without TIMESPEC defaults to `date'. -r, --reference=FILE display the last modification time of FILE -R, --rfc-822 output RFC-822 compliant date string -s, --set=STRING set time described by STRING -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit FORMAT controls the output. The only valid option for the second form specifies Coordinated Universal Time. Interpreted sequences are: %% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (Sun..Sat) %A locale's full weekday name, variable length (Sunday..Saturday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (Jan..Dec) %B locale's full month name, variable length (January..December) %c locale's date and time (Sat Nov 04 12:02:33 EST 1989) %C century (year divided by 100 and truncated to an integer) [00-99] %d day of month (01..31) %D date (mm/dd/yy) %e day of month, blank padded ( 1..31) %F same as %Y-%m-%d %g the 2-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %G the 4-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour ( 0..23) %l hour ( 1..12) %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %N nanoseconds (000000000..999999999) %p locale's upper case AM or PM indicator (blank in many locales) %P locale's lower case am or pm indicator (blank in many locales) %r time, 12-hour (hh:mm:ss [AP]M) %R time, 24-hour (hh:mm) %s seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' (a GNU extension) %S second (00..60); the 60 is necessary to accommodate a leap second %t a horizontal tab %T time, 24-hour (hh:mm:ss) %u day of week (1..7); 1 represents Monday %U week number of year with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V week number of year with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 represents Sunday %W week number of year with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (mm/dd/yy) %X locale's time representation (%H:%M:%S) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year (1970...) %z RFC-822 style numeric timezone (-0500) (a nonstandard extension) %Z time zone (e.g., EDT), or nothing if no time zone is determinable By default, date pads numeric fields with zeroes. GNU date recognizes the following modifiers between `%' and a numeric directive. `-' (hyphen) do not pad the field `_' (underscore) pad the field with spaces ENVIRONMENT
TZ Specifies the timezone, unless overridden by command line parameters. If neither is specified, the setting from /etc/localtime is used. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for date is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and date programs are properly installed at your site, the command info date should give you access to the complete manual. date (coreutils) 4.5.3 October 2002 DATE(1)