Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Shell Script to identify lines in file1 and write them to file2 Post 302912230 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 03:24:47 PM
Old 08-06-2014
Your output doesn't really help us without your input.

So you want to capture 3 lines after a search pattern?

Code:
awk '/Processed reads/ { N=3 } (N--)>0' inputfile > outputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines from file2 beginning w/file1

I've been searching around here and other places, but can't put this together... I've got a unique list of words in file 1 (one word on each line). I need to delete each line in file2 that begins with the word in file1. I started this way, but want to know how to use file1 words instead... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines from a file1 which maches a pattern in file2

Hi guys, Can you help me in solving ths problem? I have two files file1 and file2 as following: ===FILE1==== >LOC21 MASSKFCTVLSLALFLVLLTHANSAELFSFNFQTFNAANLILQGNASVSSSGQLRLTEVKSNGEPKVASL VASFATAFTFNILAPILSNSADGLAFALVPVGSQPKFNGGFLGLFQNVTYDP >LOC05... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed search lines in file1 matching columns in file2

Hi All, as you can see I'm pretty new to this board. :D I'm struggling around with small script to search a few fields in another file. Basically I have file1 looking like this: 15:38:28 sz:10001 pr:14.16 15:38:28 sz:10002 pr:18.41 15:38:29 sz:10003 pr:19.28 15:38:30 sz:10004... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: floripoint
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines from file1 that are not in file2

Hi there, I know the command diff but what I want is slightly different. I have two files containing lines that look like md5sums. file1 5a1e8cee2eb2157c86e7266ee38e47c3 /tmp/file1 a254c48bdd064a40b82477b9fa5be05d /tmp/file2 2d57c72ec898acddf8a6bacb3f821572 /tmp/file3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines in file1 with values from file2

Hello, I have two data files: file1 12345 aa bbb cccc 98765 qq www uuuu 76543 pp rrr bbbbb 34567 nn ccc sssss 87654 qq ppp rrrrr file2 98765 34567 I need to remove the lines from file1 if the first field contains a value that appears in file2: output 12345 aa bbb cccc 76543 pp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on column in file1, find match in file2 and print matching lines

file1: file2: I need to find matches for any lines in file1 that appear in file2. Desired output is '>' plus the file1 term, followed by the line after the match in file2 (so the title is a little misleading): This is honestly beyond what I can do without spending the whole night on it, so I'm... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for lines, which is present in file1 but not in file2 using UNIX and awk

I have 2 files with 7 fields and i want to print the lines which is present in file1 but not in file2 based on field1 and field2. Logic: I want to print all the lines, where there is a particular column1 and column2. And we do not find the set of column1 and column2 in file2. Example: "sc2/10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NamS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match single line in file1 to groups of lines in file2

I have two files. File 1 is a two-column index file, e.g. comp11084_c0_seq6:130-468(-) comp12746_c0_seq3:140-478(+) comp11084_c0_seq3:201-539(-) comp12746_c0_seq2:191-529(+) File 2 is a sequence file with headers named with the same terms that populate file 1. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare file1 and file2, print matching lines in same order as file1

I want to print only the lines in file2 that match file1, in the same order as they appear in file 1 file1 file2 desired output: I'm getting the lines to match awk 'FNR==NR {a++}; FNR!=NR && a' file1 file2 but they are in sorted order, which is not what I want: Can anyone... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
genxlt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 genxlt(1)

NAME
genxlt - Generates a codeset conversion table SYNOPSIS
genxlt [-f outputfile] [inputfile] OPTIONS
Specifies that the generated version of the codeset conversion table be placed in the file specified by outputfile. DESCRIPTION
The iconv subsystem can use either an algorithmic or a table converter to convert data from one codeset to another. The genxlt command cre- ates a table converter to be used by the iconv subsystem. The genxlt command reads a source codeset conversion table file from inputfile and writes the compiled version to outputfile. If inputfile is not specified, standard input is used. If outputfile is not specified, standard output is used. The source codeset conversion table file contains directives that are acted upon by the genxlt command to produce the compiled version. The format of a translation source file is as follows: Lines whose initial nonwhite-space character is the # (number sign) are treated as comment lines. Null lines and lines consisting only of white-space characters are treated as comment lines. Noncomment lines have to be of the following form: source target comment If source is found in the source codeset conversion table file multiple times, the last entry is used in the compilation of the translation table. The source and target arguments must be in the range of 0x00 through 0xff, inclusive; this restricts the table to 8-bit codesets. The con- version table must define all of the 256 possible source values; otherwise, processing the table results in an error. The following is an excerpt of a codeset conversion table: 0x80 0xc7 C cedilla 0x81 0xfc u diaeresis 0x82 0xe9 e acute 0x83 0xe2 a circumflex 0x84 0xe4 a diaeresis 0x85 0x40 a grave The name of the file generated by the genxlt command must use the following naming convention in order for the iconv subsystem to recognize the file as a valid converter. fromcode: "ISO8859-1-GL" tocode: "ISO8859-1" conversion table file: "ISO8859-1-GL_ISO8859-1" The conversion table file name is formed by concatenating the tocode file name onto the fromcode file name, with an underscore character between the two. The compiled conversion table must reside in the /usr/lib/nls/loc/iconvTable directory or, if the LOCPATH variable is defined, in an iconvTable directory subordinate to the LOCPATH directory. Otherwise, the iconv command does not find the table. Note The LOCPATH variable also overrides the default search path (/usr/lib/nls/loc) that is used to find locales. If this variable is defined, it must therefore specify a search path that application and system software can use to find both locales and converters. The LOCPATH vari- able is not defined by any standard, so use of the variable should be limited to testing locales or converters under development. EXIT STATUS
If successful, the genxlt command exits with a value of 0 (zero). If an unknown flag is detected, or the specified input file or output file cannot be opened, the genxlt command is unsuccessful and exits with a value of 1. If a syntax error is detected in the input stream, the genxlt command will exit immediately with a value of 2, and write to standard error the line numbers where the syntax error occurred. SEE ALSO
Commands: iconv(1) Functions: iconv(3) genxlt(1)