Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nawk command to output in var Post 302912064 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 01:06:21 PM
Old 08-05-2014
A variant: store only the number.
Code:
cnt=$(nawk 'NF{c++}END{print c}' $filename)
echo "Number of GPS coordinates in file: $cnt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning nawk output to variables

I do a lot of command line scripting to capture data from files or other command output. I've checked in a number of Unix and scripting books but for the life of me I can't find out how to asign field data from nawk output into variables that I can manipulate later. For example, reading a two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveje0711
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning (numeric) command output to var tcsh

Hello, I'm trying to assign a numeric value that is returned from one of my programs to a variable in tcsh. I want to do: @ r10 = './my_prog file 35' where ./my_prog file 35 returns a decimal value, but this doesn't work. How do I achieve the desired result? Janet (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psran
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get coprocess output into var

This is probably a simple one for the wise. I have just started using a coprocess (first time) in order to facilitate telnet'ing from inside a shell script. It's working, but when I run a remote command I need to get the output into a local variable, but alas my kung-fu is weak. #!... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan-e
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me how to use nawk for required output

Hi all i have 2 input files 1st file is N1 | N2|N3|N4|N5|N6|N7|N8|N9 4041491000|245160|1|0|0|1|0|0|0 4041401505|152178|1|1|1|1|0|0|0 4041450004|014052|1|1|1|1|0|0|0 4041450005|580916|1|1|1|1|0|0|0 4041491000|230990|1|0|1|1|0|0|0 4041460001|338317|1|1|1|1|0|0|0 2nd file N1 |... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate piped output and some var?

Hello, There is pipe chain and I want concacenate piped data with some variable: balh blah| ... $var1 What command I should use instead ... to concatenate piped output with $var1. I think I coud solve this using temp var - but could it be done in one line like sample above ? thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var in nawk script parse incorrectly

I'm writing a Texas Hold'em script in bash v3.00.16(1) to learn more about awk/nawk scripts and regex expressions by trying to randomize a list of names using awk's rand function. The problem is that the elements in the var convert to a single element in the nawk script. I've tried several things,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HexKnot
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Not logging ftp connections in /var/adm/wtmpx file (in last command output)

Hi all, I have F5 load balancer on my system and checking service status by opening an ftp session in every 30 seconds. These ftp sessions are being logged in /var/adm/wtmpx and filling up the file. when i run the last command most of the output is this ftp session. I was wondering if there is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cepxat
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)