Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GFORTRAN error in makefile installation Post 302911937 by Perderabo on Monday 4th of August 2014 04:43:02 PM
Old 08-04-2014
I am not really familiar with modern fortran. But is not g++ a compiler for the C++ language? Maybe you should try a fortran compiler? To test my guess I wrote a little "hello world" program in fortran. This might be my first fortran program since the 1970's, so slide me some slack here. Wow, I see that I must start my statements in column 7 still! But anyway here is ....

Code:
$
$
$ cat ftest.f
       program HelloWorld
       write (*,*) "Hello, world!"
       end program HelloWorld

$
$
$ g++ ftest.f -o ftest
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
/tmp/cckZ95tO.o: In function `MAIN__':
ftest.f:(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `_gfortran_set_std'
ftest.f:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
ftest.f:(.text+0x66): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character'
ftest.f:(.text+0x72): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
$
$
$
$
$ gfortran ftest.f -o ftest
$ ./ftest
 Hello, world!
$
$

My little experiment suggests that my guess was right. Fortran code works well with the fortran compiler. But it doesn't really work with the C++ compiler. So I suggest that you switch to a fortran compiler.
This User Gave Thanks to Perderabo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

makefile error

Hi, i have am make file problem too. It is driving me mad! My make file is: Code: program : main.o a.o b.o cc -o program main.o a.o b.o main.o : main.c cc -c main.c a.o : a.c cc -c a.c b.o : b.c cc -c b.c When I run it i just get the following error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cb.mark
2 Replies

2. Programming

Error in MakeFile

Hi, I am trying to make 2 programs using a makefile.. 1. gcc aaa.c -o aaa -lrt 2. gcc bbb.c -o bbb -lrt The makefile for the same has been done as follows.... Show Recent Messages (F3) CC=gcc CFLAGS=-g all: aaa bbb aaa: aaa.o $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ aaa.o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Proc Makefile error

Hi When i am compile the makefile i am getting this error. make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 25: Extra `:', `::', or `:=' on dependency line Following Content is the makefile. HDR_INSTALL = CommonDb.h rpts.h rptslogfmts.h CCFLAGS+= -g -v BINDIR = $(INSTALLROOT)/bin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagasundaramn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in MakeFile.Solaris

Hi, I am getting the follwing error while i was running the shell script to make the build. make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile.Solaris_2.6, line 157: Unexpected end of line seen . May i knwo what does this mean.The line 157 has the last file that is supposed to be copied from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palurugururaja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error while running a makefile

any good website to know about makefiles (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raviravula
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

8. Programming

gfortran compiling error: Expected a right parenthesis in expression at (1)

Hello, I am compiling a code with gfortran and get one error. I have not been successful in re-writing the line so that it will compile. Any suggestions for a re-written line? WRITE (IUNITITERV, 104) ((V(1,I),V(2,I)), I=1, NUMNOD) 1 Error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile syntax error

I have the following piece and getting make ----------------------------------- getvel ./getvel_main.cpp ./getvel_main.cpp: 1: ./getvel_main.cpp: //: Permission denied ./getvel_main.cpp: 2: ./getvel_main.cpp: //: Permission denied ./getvel_main.cpp: 3: ./getvel_main.cpp: //:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies
F2PY(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   F2PY(1)

NAME
f2py - Fortran to Python interface generator SYNOPSIS
(1) To construct extension module sources: f2py [<options>] <fortran files> [[[only:]||[skip:]] <fortran functions> ] [: <fortran files> ...] (2) To compile fortran files and build extension modules: f2py -c [<options>, <config_fc options>, <extra options>] <fortran files> (3) To generate signature files: f2py -h <filename.pyf> ...< same options as in (1) > DESCRIPTION
This program generates a Python C/API file (<modulename>module.c) that contains wrappers for given Fortran or C functions so that they can be called from Python. With the -c option the corresponding extension modules are built. OPTIONS
-h <filename> Write signatures of the fortran routines to file <filename> and exit. You can then edit <filename> and use it instead of <fortran files>. If <filename>==stdout then the signatures are printed to stdout. <fortran functions> Names of fortran routines for which Python C/API functions will be generated. Default is all that are found in <fortran files>. skip: Ignore fortran functions that follow until `:'. only: Use only fortran functions that follow until `:'. : Get back to <fortran files> mode. -m <modulename> Name of the module; f2py generates a Python/C API file <modulename>module.c or extension module <modulename>. Default is 'unti- tled'. --[no-]lower Do [not] lower the cases in <fortran files>. By default, --lower is assumed with -h key, and --no-lower without -h key. --build-dir <dirname> All f2py generated files are created in <dirname>. Default is tempfile.mktemp(). --overwrite-signature Overwrite existing signature file. --[no-]latex-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.tex. Default is --no-latex-doc. --short-latex Create 'incomplete' LaTeX document (without commands documentclass, ableofcontents, and egin{document}, end{document}). --[no-]rest-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.rst. Default is --no-rest-doc. --debug-capi Create C/API code that reports the state of the wrappers during runtime. Useful for debugging. -include'<includefile>' Add CPP #include statement to the C/API code. <includefile> should be in the format of either `"filename.ext"' or `<filename.ext>'. As a result <includefile> will be included just before wrapper functions part in the C/API code. The option is depreciated, use `usercode` statement in signature files instead. --[no-]wrap-functions Create Fortran subroutine wrappers to Fortran 77 functions. --wrap-functions is default because it ensures maximum portability/com- piler independence. --help-link [..] List system resources found by system_info.py. [..] may contain a list of resources names. See also --link-<resource> switch below. --quiet Run quietly. --verbose Run with extra verbosity. -v Print f2py version ID and exit. --include_paths path1:path2:... Search include files (that f2py will scan) from the given directories. CONFIG_FC OPTIONS The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --help-compiler List available Fortran compilers [DEPRECIATED]. --fcompiler=<name> Specify Fortran compiler type by vendor. --compiler=<name> Specify C compiler type (as defined by distutils) --fcompiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --f90compiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --help-fcompiler List available Fortran compilers and exit. --f77exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler. --f90exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler. --f77flags="..." Specify F77 compiler flags. --f90flags="..." Specify F90 compiler flags. --opt="..." Specify optimization flags. --arch="..." Specify architecture specific optimization flags. --noopt Compile without optimization. --noarch Compile without arch-dependent optimization. --debug Compile with debugging information. EXTRA OPTIONS
The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --link-<resource> Link extension module with <resource> as defined by numpy_distutils/system_info.py. E.g. to link with optimized LAPACK libraries (vecLib on MacOSX, ATLAS elsewhere), use --link-lapack_opt. See also --help-link switch. -L/path/to/lib/ -l<libname> -D<define> -U<name> -I/path/to/include/ <filename>.o <filename>.so <filename>.a -DPREPEND_FORTRAN -DNO_APPEND_FORTRAN -DUPPERCASE_FORTRAN -DUNDERSCORE_G77 Macros that might be required with non-gcc Fortran compilers. -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT To print out a performance report of F2PY interface when python exits. Available for Linux. -DF2PY_REPORT_ON_ARRAY_COPY=<int> To send a message to stderr whenever F2PY interface makes a copy of an array. Integer <int> sets the threshold for array sizes when a message should be shown. REQUIREMENTS
Python 1.5.2 or higher (2.x is supported). Numerical Python 13 or higher (20.x,21.x,22.x,23.x are supported). Optional Numarray 0.9 or higher partially supported. numpy_distutils from Scipy (can be downloaded from F2PY homepage) SEE ALSO
python(1) BUGS
For instructions on reporting bugs, see http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/FAQ.html AUTHOR
Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> INTERNET RESOURCES
Main website: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/ User's Guide: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/usersguide/ Mailing list: http://cens.ioc.ee/mailman/listinfo/f2py-users/ Scipy website: http://www.numpy.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Pearu Peterson LICENSE
NumPy License VERSION
2.45.241 F2PY(1)