Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to determine share name of Linux server? Post 302911932 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of August 2014 04:02:36 PM
Old 08-04-2014
If you have autofs running
Code:
service autofs status

and it has /net -hosts in auto.master, then you can browse /net
Code:
cd /net/nfsserver
ls

(This is a nice presentation. Behind the scenes automounter runs showmount -t)

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 08-04-2014 at 05:08 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC

Hi all, Using sh/csh, unfortunately shell scripts are not my strong suit. Trying to write a script that gets called from a program for pre-processing. The program passes individual components of a UNC (//server/path1/path2/filename). Thus the unc path of: //server/path1/path2/filename, is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
AUTOFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AUTOFS(8)

NAME
/etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status DESCRIPTION
autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot time with the start parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The autofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administra- tor to shut down, restart or reload the automounters. OPERATION
autofs will consult a configuration file /etc/auto.master (see auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each of those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point. /etc/init.d/autofs reload will check the current auto.master map against running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries. If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately. If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun to activate the changes. /etc/init.d/autofs status will display the status of, automount(8), running or not. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5). autofs_ldap_auth.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com>. 9 Sep 1997 AUTOFS(8)