Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the right file with multiple sort criteria Post 302911929 by LMHmedchem on Monday 4th of August 2014 03:25:44 PM
Old 08-04-2014
The position and width for the floats are fixed, but the second sorting criteria will not have a fixed width.

One thing I don't get at the moment is that my script seems to think that there is only one element in FILES.

If I print,

echo ${#FILES[@]}

I get 1.

If I print,

echo ${FILES[0]}

I get,

84.40_E1200_85.39_E1300_f0_r00_1300-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt 84.40_E1200_85.83_E1200_f0_r00_1200-ON-0.25_S7A_v4_47.19.1.out.txt

I thought that when you did something like FILES=$(ls ...) you would end up with an array if there was more than one file returned by ls. For some reason, it is treating the list of files as a single string in one element. I tried adding {OFS=" "} to the awk call, but that doesn't do anything.

For now, I can split up the single string in ${FILES[0]} on space, but it seems like I shouldn't have to do that.

LMHmedchem

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding multiple file types with "-o"

i was just wondering if any one had a good example of finding mutliple file types with the -o option or any other alternatives. find . \( -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.tag" \) for some reason i'm not having much luck and the man page isn't very descriptive. what i am trying to do is find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to sort multiple columns in one file

Hi, I would like to know given that I have 3 columns. Let say I have first 3 columns to do operation and these operation output is printed out each line by line using AWK and associative array.Currently in the output file, I do a sort by -r for the operation output. The problem comes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort alphabetically after finding values

I have a list of people in a usage log and need to print the names and phone numbers of people with over 500 logins. I'd also like to display these names alphabetically. I have their total logins set to a variable named total. So far, I have very little in my awk script to do this: FS=":"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple string into 1 string group by certain criteria

Hi all, I am newbie in unix. Just have some doubts on how to join multiple lines into single line. I have 1 file with following contents. R96087641 HostName-kul480My This is no use any more %% E78343970 LocalPath-/app/usr/SG (Blank in this line) %% E73615740... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whchee
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep or grep command to meet multiple criteria

Hello, I"m a newbie :). I hope I can learn from the scripting expert. I'm trying to use egrep and grep commands to get the total count by meeting both criteria. So far, I haven't been able to do it. if robot = TLD and barcode = AA, then final count should be 2 if robot = TLD and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MinBee
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple column values and match in a fixed length file

Hi, I have a fixed length file where I need to verify the values of 3 different fields, where each field will have a different value. How can I do that in a single step. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple zero's in a file

Hi all, i have a text file like the below example--- 146 7600 147 23996 43024 50700581 28998 1767165 10 3784 12 1344 0 0 0 545 641 166646 723 90136 24 1046 46 2948 OR 4340 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemnian.g
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Globbling with multiple criteria (UNIX Shell)

I am new to UNIX Shell. I want to list the files names in the current directory that are not start with 'AB' and have at least two characters. For example, say I have those files in the current directory: AB, AC, AD, AE, B, C. After executing the command, AC, AD, AE will be listed on the screen. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort file with certain criteria (bash)?

I am running a command that is part of a script and this is what I am getting when it is sorted by the command: command: ls /tmp/test/*NDMP*.z /tmp/test/CARS-GOLD-NET_CHROMJOB-01-XZ-ARCHIVE-NDMP.z /tmp/test/CARS-GOLD-NET_CHROMJOB-01-XZ-NDMP.z... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies
TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)							 1							  TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)

token_get_all - Split given source into PHP tokens

SYNOPSIS
array token_get_all (string $source) DESCRIPTION
token_get_all(3) parses the given $source string into PHP language tokens using the Zend engine's lexical scanner. For a list of parser tokens, see "List of Parser Tokens", or use token_name(3) to translate a token value into its string representation. PARAMETERS
o $source - The PHP source to parse. RETURN VALUES
An array of token identifiers. Each individual token identifier is either a single character (i.e.: ;, ., >, !, etc...), or a three ele- ment array containing the token index in element 0, the string content of the original token in element 1 and the line number in element 2. EXAMPLES
Example #1 token_get_all(3) examples <?php $tokens = token_get_all('<?php echo; ?>'); /* => array( array(T_OPEN_TAG, '<?php'), array(T_ECHO, 'echo'), ';', array(T_CLOSE_TAG, '?>') ); */ /* Note in the following example that the string is parsed as T_INLINE_HTML rather than the otherwise expected T_COMMENT (T_ML_COMMENT in PHP <5). This is because no open/close tags were used in the "code" provided. This would be equivalent to putting a comment outside of <?php ?> tags in a normal file. */ $tokens = token_get_all('/* comment */'); // => array(array(T_INLINE_HTML, '/* comment */')); ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | Line numbers are returned in element 2 | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ PHP Documentation Group TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)