Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Certifications in Linux
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Certifications in Linux Post 302911798 by Ajaytts123 on Sunday 3rd of August 2014 08:36:57 AM
Old 08-03-2014
Certifications in Linux

Hi ,

I am working in Perl/Shell Script for past 3 years.I am planning to learn and switch my Career as Linux Admin.So Please suggest some certifications to learn about it.Do we have separate sub categories/area of specifications in Linux Admin ? Like Virtualization ,Vmware,storage.

Thanks,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX certifications

Are there any nationally recognized UNIX certifications, similar to A+., for basic unix and system admin skills? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pacsman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Certifications to be done in UNIX

Hello I am a newbie i learnt Shell programming and Unix Internals.Well plz advice me what certifications i shud do as i have free time and want to utilize my time :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strawberry
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix Certifications

Hi , I want to know aix certifications,How to perepare for that ?How many number of papers are there? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
12 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Certifications on Unix and Linux

hi there :) I will study the Linux LPI certification in a few months What do u think about it? Is this certification good enough to work with solaris too actually? I´m not sure because i think is more oriented to linux, and solaris as far as i know, is based on UNix. What else can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriusman
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX Certifications

Hi, I am planning to get certified on HP-UX. I googled about HPUX Certifications. I understand that I need to pass on exam HP0-A01 but I find many references to HP0-095. I bought this book: HP-UX: HP Certification Systems Administrator, Exam HP0-A01 - Training Guide and Administrator's... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: psicopunk
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to prepare for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certifications?

Hi Everyone, I am working as a AIX System Administrator. I did few certifications related to my work. And i do have a very little working experience of Red Hat (Linux OS). i started learning RHEL, and would like to get the professional certifications from Red Hat. I was browsing redhat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Are certifications worth it?

I have just been on RedHat SA 3 training course (4 days) and sat exams EX200 (RHCSA) and EX300 (RHCE) The daft thing was that politics meant I wasn't allowed to take courses SA 1 or 2. So I learnt about stuff I would never use (SELinux; iSCSI; NFS Kerberos encrypted with user specific access... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
22 Replies
IMAP::Admin(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  IMAP::Admin(3pm)

NAME
Cyrus::IMAP::Admin - Cyrus administrative interface Perl module SYNOPSIS
use Cyrus::IMAP::Admin; my $client = Cyrus::IMAP::Admin->new('mailhost'[, $flags]); $rc = $client->create('user.auser'[, $partition]); $rc = $client->delete('user.auser'); $rc = $client->deleteacl('user.buser', 'user1', 'user2'); %acls = $client->listacl('user.buser'); @mailboxes = $client->list('*'); @mailboxes = $client->list('%', 'user.'); @mailboxes = $client->subscribed('*'); %quota = $client->quota($root); ($root, %quota) = $client->quotaroot($mailbox); $rc = $client->rename($old, $new[, $partition]); $rc = $client->setacl($mailbox, $user =E<gt> $acl[, ...]); $rc = $client->setquota($mailbox, $resource =E<gt> $quota[, ...]); $rc = $client->xfer($mailbox, $server[, $partition]); DESCRIPTION
This module is a Perl interface to Cyrus administrative functions. It is used to implement Cyrus::IMAP::Admin::Shell (otherwise known as cyradm and also available for use in Perl administrative programs. METHODS
Many of the methods have a cyradm-compatible name and a shorter name. The shorter name is shown in the synopsis when it exists; the cyradm-compatible name should be reasonably obvious. In general, methods return undef or empty lists on error. In some cases a method may return an empty list without an error (i.e. "list" of a nonexistent hierarchy), so it may be necessary to check the error state explicitly via the "error" method. new($server[, $flags]) Instantiates a cyradm object. This is in fact an Cyrus::IMAP object with a few additional methods, so all Cyrus::IMAP methods are available if needed. (In particular, you will always want to use the "authenticate" method.) error Return the last error that occurred, or undef if the last operation was successful. This is in some cases (such as "list") the only way to distinguish between a successful return of an empty list and an error return. Calling "error" does not reset the error state, so it is legal to write: @folders = $cyradm->list($spec); print STDERR "Error: ", $cyradm->error if $cyradm->error; createmailbox($mailbox[, $partition]) create($mailbox[, $partition]) Create a new mailbox on the specified or default partition. deletemailbox($mailbox) delete($mailbox) Delete a mailbox. As with cyradm, you will probably need to add the c ACL for yourself to the mailbox with "setaclmailbox" first. deleteaclmailbox($mailbox, $user[, ...]) deleteacl($mailbox, $user[, ...]) Delete one or more ACL from a mailbox. listaclmailbox($mailbox) listacl($mailbox) Returns a hash of mailbox ACLs, with each key being a Cyrus user and the corresponding value being the ACL. listmailbox($pattern[, $reference]) list($pattern[, $reference]) List mailboxes matching the specified pattern, starting from the specified reference. The result is a list; each element is an array containing the mailbox name, attributes, and the separator. (This interface may change.) listsubscribed($pattern[, $reference]) subscribed($pattern[, $reference]) Like "listmailbox" but only shows subscribed mailboxes. listquota($root) quota($root) Returns a hash specifying the quota for the specified quota root. Use "listquotaroot" to find the quota root for a mailbox. listquotaroot($mailbox) quotaroot($mailbox) Returns a list, the first element is the quota root for the mailbox and remaining elements are a hash specifying its quota. renamemailbox($from, $to[, $partition]) rename($from, $to[, $partition]) Renames the specified mailbox, optionally moving it to a different partition. setaclmailbox($mailbox, $user => $acl[, ...]) setacl($mailbox, $user => $acl[, ...]) Set ACLs on a mailbox. The ACL may be one of the special strings "none", "read" ("lrs"), "post" ("lrsp"), "append" ("lrsip"), "write" ("lrswipkxte"), "delete" ("lrxte"), or "all" ("lrswipkxte"), or any combinations of the ACL codes: l Lookup (mailbox is visible to LIST/LSUB, SUBSCRIBE mailbox) r Read (SELECT/EXAMINE the mailbox, perform STATUS) s Seen (set/clear SEEN flag via STORE, also set SEEN flag during APPEND/COPY/FETCH BODY[...]) w Write flags other than SEEN and DELETED i Insert (APPEND, COPY destination) p Post (send mail to mailbox) k Create mailbox (CREATE new sub-mailboxes, parent for new mailbox in RENAME) x Delete mailbox (DELETE mailbox, old mailbox name in RENAME) t Delete messages (set/clear DELETED flag via STORE, also set DELETED flag during APPEND/COPY) e Perform EXPUNGE and expunge as part of CLOSE a Administer (SETACL/DELETEACL/GETACL/LISTRIGHTS) setquota($mailbox, $resource, $quota[, ...]) Set quotas on a mailbox. Note that Cyrus currently only defines one resource, "STORAGE". As defined in RFC 2087, the units are groups of 1024 octets (i.e. Kilobytes) xfermailbox($mailbox, $server[, $partition]) xfer($mailbox, $server[, $partition]) Transfers (relocates) the specified mailbox to a different server. AUTHOR
Brandon S. Allbery, allbery@ece.cmu.edu SEE ALSO
Cyrus::IMAP Cyrus::IMAP::Shell perl(1), cyradm(1), imapd(8). perl v5.14.2 2012-04-19 IMAP::Admin(3pm)