Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names Post 302910993 by dhruuv369 on Tuesday 29th of July 2014 01:33:54 PM
Old 07-29-2014
Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below.
Code:
Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420 Column14,201420 Column15

I have to check if the data is placed under the right column and then proceed loading that data into the datamart. I created a standard header to compare it with the header of this file, but due to the dynamic nature of the field 14 and 15, I am not able to match the header every week. There is no date in the field name and I cannot use sysdate. Could you please suggest me how can I achieve this either using cat/awk/sed or any wildcards? Also let me know if you need more information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I add a header to a csv file

I have a csv file which has no header. the file has 15 fields and needs to go out with a header of 8 fields. The header content needs to have some variables and some fixed that i have set up: variable header fields OUTFILE_YEAR=`date '+%y'` DATE=`date '+%d%m%y'` TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'`... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Header in CSV file

Hi, I create a csv file and the output looks like below Arun,E001 Sathish,E003 Now i need to include the below header and the output should like below Name,Number Arun,E001 Sathish,E003 Please guide me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching lines across multiple csv files and merging a particular field

I have about 20 CSV's that all look like this: "","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""What I've been told I need to produce is the exact same thing, but with each file now containing the start_code from every other file where the email matches. It doesn't matter if any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Demosthenes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header to a .csv file

Hi, I am trying to add a header record to all the .csv files in a directory. I am using the below sed commnad sed -i '1 i \abc,sam,xyz,tip,pep,rip' xyz.csv but this is not adding the header and I am not getting any error,pls tell me if any thing is wrong in the code. Thanks, Shruthi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and Merging csv data fields based on a common field

Dear List, I have a file of csv data which has a different line per compliance check per host. I do not want any omissions from this csv data file which looks like this: date,hostname,status,color,check 02-03-2012,COMP1,FAIL,Yellow,auth_pass_change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get sqlplus column header once in csv file?

Hi All, Could anyoone please let me know how do I get sqlplus column header once in csv file Scripts are below: cat concreq.sh #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.profile while ; do sqlplus apps/pwd <<-EOF set lines 100 pages 100 col "USER_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_NAME" format a40; --set termout off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for empty line at end of a dynamic header in each file

Hi Folks, I have a requirement to develop a shell script. PFB my requirement, Requirement: I need to check an empty line after the end of each header in respective file and if a empty line is present simply echo file OK and if empty line is not present echo "Adding empty line" and add an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
6 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)