Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Testing the dds tape drive on AIX Post 302910616 by dukessd on Friday 25th of July 2014 08:31:34 PM
Old 07-25-2014
The IBM Tape Help Package (an oldie but a goodie and it covers DDS2, 3 and 4)
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/.../tapewhdr.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

help with tape drive on aix 5.1

I have a dlt tape drive on a AIX 5.1 machine, I have no idea how to backup to this thing, would I just mount it can copy over to it, not sure the commands or where to begin? Can anyone help, or point me to documentation.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DDS Tape Drives

How do I find if a server contains a DDS3 or a DDS2 drive remotely ? I checked in SMIT and I noticed the description field according to tape drives, but is there another more thorough way? Thanks, Luke (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skywlkr235
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DDS-2 Sun tape drive

Hey guys, I'm trying to mount a SUN DDS-2 tape drive on a SUN Ultra 80 machine running Solaris 9. I had the SCSI drive connected at time of install, I'm very new to Solaris so I don't know if Solaris would detect the drive like that and install some form of device driver. But, what im posting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Copy Tape Drive DDS-01.

Hello, I am trying to copy a boot tape DDS-01 with miniroot, but i donīt get this copy. i have already used the command dd, but donīt work. There are other way to get it. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carelias
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Tape Drive Backup

Currently I have a Dell Ultrium LTO 2 Tape Drive. I am going to have a IBM AIX server. Just wonder if it is possibe to connect this tape drive to the aix server? I have Brightstor Arcserver installed on another win 2003 server. Is it possible to install the arcserve agent on the aix and use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ming413
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to mount internal tape drive of sun machine in AIX 5.3

Hi, Help required! How to mount internal tape drive of sun machine in AIX 5.3 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin.krishna
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with DDS data tape

Hi all I have BIG headache with an old unix server I have and I need some help and ideas how to solve them effectively. Thanks in advance ***Story*** I have an OLD SCO OpenServer 5 release 5 server with DDS4 tape device. I also have a box full of DDS4 tapes with data inside. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaos83_2000
3 Replies

8. AIX

SUN StorageTek tape drive with AIX 5.1

Hi, I have recently purchase a SUN Storage Tek desktop LTO 4 HH tape drive and connected to a IBM AIX 5.1 server. The server can detect the tape device. Can someone please advice urgently. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
4 Replies

9. AIX

Cleaning tape frequence for DDS

Hi All, Are there recommendations about the use of cleaning tapes in DDS devices? Should I clean the tape only when the drive indicates cleaning? Should I clean it once a month, week, even every day? Is it harmful to clean the tape every day? Thanks for your insights. --Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.2.1 Tape Drive Problem

Hi, The problem I have is I want to restore my AIX machine. I have created a mksysb tape from my tape drive rmt0 and I changed the bootlist using this command "bootlist -m normal rmt0 hdisk0". However, when I display the bootlist "bootlist -om normal", it shows '-' hdisk0. I googled and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixNoob87
2 Replies
AMVERIFY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMVERIFY(8)

NAME
amverify - check an Amanda tape for errors SYNOPSIS
amverify config [ slot [ runtapes ] ] DESCRIPTION
Amverify reads an Amanda format tape and makes sure each backup image can be processed by amrestore and, if possible, the appropriate restore program (e.g. tar). Amverify runs amrestore on each file of the tape and pipes the output to a restore program (if available) with an option to create a cata- logue of the backup. The catalogue itself is discarded. Only the success or failure of the operation itself is reported. If the backup image cannot be processed by the restore program, e.g. if it was written on a different operating system, the image is sent through dd to /dev/null. This still determines if the tape is readable, but does not do any internal consistency check on the image. If config is set up to use a tape changer, the slot argument may be used to choose the first tape to process. Otherwise, the current slot is used. The runtapes configuration parameter determines how many tapes are processed unless it is specified on the command line. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. AUTHOR
Axel Zinser <fifi@icem.de> SEE ALSO
amrestore(8), amanda(8), amverifyrun(8) AMVERIFY(8)