Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Take only lastest file matching the pattern Post 302910549 by LoneRanger on Friday 25th of July 2014 09:21:16 AM
Old 07-25-2014
Take only lastest file matching the pattern

Hi All ,

I have some fille names in a file which are sorted according to date. for example

Code:

file1_123.log  23 Jul 0Kb
 file2_123.log  22 Jul 2Kb
 file3_123.log  20 Jul 0Kb
 file1_456.log  24 Jul 2Kb
 file2_678.log  22 Jul 0Kb
 file2_678.log  21 Jul 2Kb

here 123 is a particular Order No. I want to pick only the latest files for a particular order no.

My final output should be
Code:

file1_123.log  23 Jul 0
file1_456.log  24 Jul 2
 file2_678.log  22 Jul 0

I have tried sorted the file into a file but I am having no idea on how to proceed from here. any code sample will be very much appreciated.

OS - AIX

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting file words as pattern matching

Sir, I want to check for the repation of a user address in a file i used || as my delimiter and want to check repetaip0n of the address that is mailid and then i have to use IMAP and all. How can i do this... I am in linux ...and my file is linux file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
5 Replies

2. AIX

View lastest content in the file

Hi, May i know how can i view the lastest content of the log file. Currently, i use the "more" command : more logfile However, it will give me the content last year first and i had to keep using the space bar to move down to the lastest content for current date. How can i view the lastest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lauran Kerry
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching for file

Hi All, I'm new to perl, My requirement is to check if particular file exists. e.g. filename.txt, filename1.txt, filename2.txt etc I tried the below code:- my $var1 = "filename.txt" if ( -e ($var1 = ~ /file\w/)) { print "File found \n"; } else { print "File not found \n"; } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doitnow
0 Replies

4. Programming

File Pattern Matching C++

Hi, I have large files with fixed length fields or fields seperated by delimeter. I would like to do validation on some or all fields to check for numeric or date or characters etc.. I would like to write this in C++. Please let me know if any one have any ideas on this. Thanks for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files by matching a pattern in file name

Hi all, I have to check whether certain files exist using a if statement. I have to check this by matching a pattern of filename: e.g. if ] This statement should be "true" if any files like test.dat11, test.dat22 etc are present in the source dir. However, this statement is checking only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweety123
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PERL pattern matching in a file

Hi Gurus, I have a file like below.. I have to match each with predefined pattern. If matches then have to write the entire record to a separate file. If not make the value as NULL and write the entire record into another file. | is the delimiter ravi123|2344|M R123Vi|2345|F... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvksandeep
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with matching pattern inside a file

I have a huge file that has roughly 30304 lines. I need to extract specific info from that file. For example, Box 1 > *aaaaaaaajjjj* > hbbvjvj > jdnnfddllll > *dgdfhfekwjh* Box 2 > *aaaaaaa'aj'jjj* > dse hkjuejef bfdw > dyeee > dsewq > *dgdfhfekwjh* >feweiuei Box 3 > *aaaa"aaaaj"jjj* >... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get matching string pattern from a file

Hi, file -> temp.txt cat temp.txt /home/pradeep/123/a_asp.html /home/pradeep/123/a_asp1.html /home/pradeep/435/a_asp2.html /home/pradeep/arun/abc/a_dfr.html /home/pradeep/arun/123/a_kir.html /home/pradeep/123/arun/a_dir.html .... .... .. i need to get a_*.html(bolded strings... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)