Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unmounting NFS idle clients from server Post 302910472 by blackrageous on Thursday 24th of July 2014 05:40:49 PM
Old 07-24-2014
What problem are you trying to solve. You could do
Code:
netstat  -an | grep 2049

This shows clients connected to port 2049, NFS port on my system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 server and Jumpstarting 2.6 clients

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have successfully configured a Solaris 8 server with Jumpstart! I can Jumpstart Solaris 8 client systems with no problem. My configuration is as follows: Jumpstart Server: Solaris 8 patched with Recommended Patches from June 05. I have installed Solaris 8 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

2. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

4. AIX

Unmounting a failed NFS mount

I have an NFS file system mounted on one of my AIX servers with "mount -v cifs".. The server from which the file system was mounted has crashed and now my "df -g" output is hanging. Is there any was to unmount this NFS file system? I have tried "umount -f". Doesn't work. Or is there any way in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quest on NFS with 1 Server & 2 Clients

Hello; I work now with a team which has based her "applications" on the following schema: 1 NFS client C1 (linux redhat 5) writes a file fic.dat on a NFS SERVER S (RH 5) Another NFS client C2 is waiting for the same file fic.dat (on NFS server S1), and, when "fic.dat" appears, then makes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarMax
8 Replies

6. IP Networking

Some clients cannot ping UNIX server

All of sudden in this morning, some computers could not connect to our UNIX server while other still could. Some computers could ping the server while some could not. Same on the server side. It could ping some clients but not some. All Windows clients could ping each other. And more, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonapa
1 Replies

7. Programming

Clients - Server ( UDP )

Hello, I have a question: I want to create a n client to one server connection. This is the client-server algorithm. Enybody help to make the changes? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaHmur
0 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients

Hi, I am having some NFS directory consistency problems with the below setup on a local (192.) network: 1. Different permissions (chmod) for the same NFS dir are reflected on different clients. 2. (more serious) an NFS dir created on client1 cannot be accessed on client2; this applies to some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmojetz
10 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
rpc.nfsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpc.nfsd(8)

NAME
rpc.nfsd - NFS server process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd [options] nproc DESCRIPTION
The rpc.nfsd program implements the user level part of the NFS service. The main functionality is handled by the nfsd kernel module. The user space program merely specifies what sort of sockets the kernel service should listen on, what NFS versions it should support, and how many kernel threads it should use. The rpc.mountd server provides an ancillary service needed to satisfy mount requests by NFS clients. OPTIONS
-d or --debug enable logging of debugging messages -H or --host hostname specify a particular hostname (or address) that NFS requests will be accepted on. By default, rpc.nfsd will accept NFS requests on all known network addresses. Note that lockd (which performs file locking services for NFS) may still accept request on all known network addresses. This may change in future releases of the Linux Kernel. -p or --port port specify a different port to listen on for NFS requests. By default, rpc.nfsd will listen on port 2049. -N or --no-nfs-version vers This option can be used to request that rpc.nfsd does not offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.nfsd can support both NFS version 2,3 and the newer version 4. -s or --syslog By default, rpc.nfsd logs error messages (and debug messages, if enabled) to stderr. This option makes rpc.nfsd log these messages to syslog instead. Note that errors encountered during option processing will still be logged to stderr regardless of this option. -T or --no-tcp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting TCP connections from clients. -U or --no-udp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting UDP connections from clients. nproc specify the number of NFS server threads. By default, just one thread is started. However, for optimum performance several threads should be used. The actual figure depends on the number of and the work load created by the NFS clients, but a useful starting point is 8 threads. Effects of modifying that number can be checked using the nfsstat(8) program. Note that if the NFS server is already running, then the options for specifying host, port, and protocol will be ignored. The number of processes given will be the only option considered, and the number of active nfsd processes will be increased or decreased to match this number. In particular rpc.nfsd 0 will stop all threads and thus close any open connections. NOTES
If the program is built with TI-RPC support, it will enable any protocol and address family combinations that are marked visible in the netconfig database. SEE ALSO
nfsd(7), rpc.mountd(8), exports(5), exportfs(8), rpc.rquotad(8), nfsstat(8), netconfig(5). AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, Bill Hawes, H. J. Lu, G. Allan Morris III, and a host of others. 7 Aug 2006 rpc.nfsd(8)