Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I fetch few parameters in Shell script? Post 302910200 by SriniShoo on Wednesday 23rd of July 2014 04:44:18 AM
Old 07-23-2014
Code:
ec2-describe-instances | awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{print "INSTANCE ID\tINSTANCE TYPE"} /INSTANCE/ {print $2 "\t" $9}'

This User Gave Thanks to SriniShoo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the parameters of a shell script

Hi, I have one situation. I am developing a shell script to which parameters will be passed from a Web based User Interface using some Business Process(BP).There are some 6 parameters for which user will enter the values in UI. These values will be passed to script by BP in the form -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch hostname and instance name using shell script

Hi All, Requirement is to fetch hostname and instance name using shell script from all configuration files on a server R12 on IBM AIX... could anyone please share such an experience encountered before.Is there such a script available in this forum or any other site.. Thanks for your time!... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from oracle in unix shell script

Hi, How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting. list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on set heading off set pagesize 0 set tab off select IP_ID from table / exit EOF` The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script with parameters?

hi , I wanted to create a script, and I have no idea how to, and I would appreciate any help on that. Any advice on solving this is welcome. Thanks Here it goes: make a shell script in bash that show the activity of users. The results should be a summary or a complete report in a file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubu-user
2 Replies

7. Programming

csh: Parameters in Shell Script Help

I have a program that is designed to take the first parameter (a file extension) and use it to rewrite the file stored in the second paramerter with the new extension. And if the current file does not exist then the program will print an error message "No such file." For example, my program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marhsall34
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the latest filename shell script

Hi I want to fetch the latest file form the list example example= filename RATE_STATE_SETUPS.20151222.ccyymmdd.hhmmss.txt File pick which have latest ccyymmdd.hhmmss list of file in directory are RATE_STATE_SETUPS.20151222.20151222.170101.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MOHANP12
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script

Hi All, I have a script which intends to create as many variables at runtime, as the number of parameters passed to it. The script needs to save these parameter values in the variables created and print them abc.sh ---------- export Numbr_Parms=$# export a=1 while do export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to fetch values in csv

I need to fetch below values from this file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nit42
1 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
started - event signalling that a job is running SYNOPSIS
started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The started event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for sin- gle-instance jobs. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use: start on started postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 started(7)