Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to set up remote X Windows on AIX ? Post 302910071 by techy1 on Tuesday 22nd of July 2014 09:05:12 AM
Old 07-22-2014
Hi,

sorry few questions.

Does it just say:

Code:
1356-364 xauth:  creating new authority file

anything else?

it should have created a file called: .Xauthority in your home directory.

if you close putty and re-open using the x11 settings mentioned you should see something like this:

Code:
<server>/unix:11  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  8f038f0e4185f5719f7d418b92e7aee5

can you try it again? also using the settings in x11 in putty if you get that message can you execute this command on the client?

Code:
echo $DISPLAY
mine shows this: localhost:11.0

I agree with bakunin, this could possibly be a firewall issue, but I'm also suspecting a putty configuration issue.

under x11 ensure x11 forwarding is enabled. display location is : localhost:0

Authentication protocol: MIT-Magic-cookie-1

I found this link you may want to try it.

http://www.geo.mtu.edu/geoschem/docs/putty_install.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Do I need to remote after installation of s/w and set the env variable

Hi, I have installed ODWEK software on AIX box and set the environment variables like: PATH,LIBPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,CLASSPATH. My question here is do I need to reboot the system to take these changes or is there anyother workaround. I heard that there is 'export'. But I don't know how far it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srangu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variables on remote system

Hi, I try to run a script on remote systems with ssh it should execute a command, read values from stdout, use it as input for a loop and works with this variable on remote system but the variable isn't working, I guess because export, echo , or the loop itself are shell builtins and not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
2 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login with other set of credentials while remote logging?

Below is the code. I need to login into the router if the 1st set of credentials are correct.. if wrong... then it has to check with 2nd set of credentials.. => if the credentials are correct... then it should continue.. => if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

7. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to explore recursively remote windows path from AIX

Hi all, I am using Perl 5.8.8 on an Aix 6.1.0.0 to script a program which will retrieve files recursively on a remote Windows 2003 server and copy some of them on my Aix server. MobaSSH is installed on that windows server. When I used scp on the command line, it works fine, but not in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DOS/VB script of Remote Windows Server from AIX

Hi We use to run DOS and VB script in Windows Server . Now the requirement is to trigger the same script from AIX server by shell script , thus it would be executed in Remote Windows Server . Is it possible ( though SSH or any other way ) ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourajit Seth
2 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)