Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing the appearance of a file Post 302909880 by SriniShoo on Monday 21st of July 2014 07:01:59 AM
Old 07-21-2014
remember to give the filename twice as given in the below code
Code:
awk 'NR == FNR {if(/>.*\.txt/) {if($0 in a) b[$0]; a[$0]}; next}
  {if($0 in b) {split($0, f, "."); $0 = (f[1] "_" ++b[$0] "." f[2])}}1' file file

This User Gave Thanks to SriniShoo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing the appearance of an Output in console

I want to change the appearance of a message I got in UNIX console. Eg: In console: "no server running" I need it as "****no server running*****". Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomaa80
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the line number of a pattern of first appearance??

Hi, I am doin a project in shell script please answer the above question..... waiting........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression to match repeated appearance

Hi all, I am looking for a regex syntax to match repeated appearance. Likes, ']+]+' matches for string '65A SOME MORE AND 78B' Now, this gets messy if I need to extract all such repeated appearance. I don't want to write ] four or five times for matching repeated appearance. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show lines between frist and last appearance

Dear all, I want to show all lines between the first and the last appearance of a string in a file. This string is a input parameter of a script. I have some ideas with grep -n but i'm sure that I can get a better solution with SED or AWK thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antuan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file content based on file header

Hi, I have several text files each containing some data as shown below: File1.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... File2.txt >DataHeader Data... Data... etc. What I want is to change the 'DataHeader' based on the file name. So the output should look like: File1.txt >File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to find first appearance and append string

I have a file like below #GROUP A belongs to Asia GROUP A jojh hans local admin GROUP A gege fans michel jing jong #GROUP U belongs to USA GROUP U jeff goal hello world My requirement is to grep for first apperence of GROUP A which is not commented and append my name to end of file.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkk
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a file when the inode modified time of the other file changes

i have a requirement where i needed to change variable values in a properties file(first file) whenever there is change to Release details file(second file). My question is do i have to create a daemon process that always checks the modified time/inode change of the second file and then change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting Word Appearance

How do you write a script that counts the number of times a word appears in a file and output it? Original: ID1 SMARCB1;Adil;Jon ID2 Jon;Annie;Mei ID3 Adil;Spaghetti;NBA ID4 Raptors;wethenorth;SMARCB1 ID5 SMARCB1;wethenorth Objective: SMARCB1: 3 Adil: 2 Jon: 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lipidil
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)