Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increment the password value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment the password value Post 302909677 by rbatte1 on Friday 18th of July 2014 08:25:03 AM
Old 07-18-2014
Welcome JAGADESH GN,

I have a few to pose in response first:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Please wrap code and data input/output in CODE tags, like this:-
Quote:
[CODE]This is my code[/CODE]
to produce the following (fixed character width, space respected):-
Code:
This is my code

It makes it far easier to read. I have adjusted your submission for you this time.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin
Lancashire, UK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment a Variable

hi, i want to increment a Variable but it doesnt work. here my codé COUNT=1 COUNT= 'expr $COUNT + 1' i've tried it in the prompt but it print me: expr: syntaxerror What does I make wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment an integer

hi I want to echo the variable $i while it auto-increments till 21 I set initially i to 1 any idea how to do that? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value (starttime)

Hi All, I have created a script... #!/bin/sh datafile=ABC2008101601.OUT indfile=ABCIND20081016.1.OUT waittime=600 starttime=0 while do if then echo "Indicator file has arrived." break else sleep 10; ((starttime=$starttime+10)) echo $starttime (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto increment

Hello Does anyone know how to auto-increment the value of a variable, preferably using awk or sed? I need to read values from a file and auto-increment those values to use them as line numbers I'd be doing: while read line do # auto-increment sed -n${line}p file> file1 done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment of a variable

Hi All, I have a variable n that stores a number. Eg. echo $n comes out to be 120. I need to print 121 using echo command on n. Please advice. Thanks in advance !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learning_skills
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment in date

Hi, I have a variable lets say DATA_DATE. I have to pass some value to this variable in YYYYMMDD format. lets say today I have passed this variable as : DATA_DATE=20100107 Then pls help me how to calculate another variable DATA_DATE1 (which is DATA_DATE+1). The code should work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment

hi Friends, Today_Dt=`date "+%Y-%m-%d"` So the Today date is 2010-05-03 I have a file which has date values as below 2010-04-27 2010-04-02 2010-04-18 2010-04-28 2010-04-29 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Gawk

Hi, I have a small query with gawk which i'm unsure how to solve. My csv input data is as follows: 1 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_149 2 58352.9 34499 -469.323 LINE_149 3 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_151 4 58352.9 34503.4 -489.841 LINE_151 5 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_152 6 58352.9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time

I have to increment time ... by sec but i am getting the output like this. for m in {2..3} > do > for (( i = 1; i <= 13; i++ )) > do > echo "$m:$i" > done > done 2:1 2:2 2:3 2:4 2:5 2:6 2:7 2:8 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)