Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add rules for multiple lines processing Post 302909657 by ashishagg2005 on Friday 18th of July 2014 06:19:39 AM
Old 07-18-2014
Yes , i am working on using the earlier solution for this new requirement.

Below is the code which i created to use for 3 status but its not efficient .
I was looking for a way to do it with one awk

Code:
awk -F ','  'NR==FNR{if($2=="Delay")D[$1] ; next} ! ($2=="Delayed" && $1 in D || $2=="BAU" && $1 in D) ' temp.dat temp.dat | awk -F ',' '{A[$1]=$0} END{for(i in A)print A[i] }' > temp1.dat

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-18-2014 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple file processing

I need to process a directory which will have a different amount of files in it from time to time. This is an error directory, I need to process each file indvidually in to one log file, then display the file to the user. So I would like to display the file name as well in the log file. example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Multiple Lines in an existing file

Hi Unix Experts, I like to add the following multiple lines in an existing file: CHANNELS: MaxChannels=600 MaxActiveChannels=600 MaxInitiators=22 I would be highly appreciated if somebody can shed some light on it. Thank you in advance!!! Khan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: add string to multiple lines

Dear all, I am stuck while trying to add a string to multiple lines. Let me try to explain using an example: Input: -------- myExample_send ("MasterSends", n, "Data Type", MPI_INT); correct Output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonny
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Files

Hello Everyone, I am new to scripting and confused with how to do this efficiently. I am trying to use AWK to do this. I have a lot of files in a folder which has the data of my throughput measurements in two columns i.e. Serial # and Throughput. like this 177.994 847.9 178.996 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add unique header to multiple lines

I have a file of lines with the following format: AACCCGTAGATCCGAACTTGTG ACCCGTAGATCCGAACTTGTG CCGTAGATCCGAACTTGTG CGTAGATCCGAACTTGT I want to give a header to each line, using awk, where the header is equal to the line that follows, like this: >AACCCGTAGATCCGAACTTGTG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palgrave
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File lines starts with # not processed or exclude that lines from processing

I have a file like below #Fields section bald 1234 2345 456 222 abcs dddd dddd ssss mmmm mmm mmm i need do not process a files stating with # I was written code below while read -r line do if then echo ${line} >> elif then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies
GSL-RANDIST(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GSL-RANDIST(1)

NAME
gsl-randist - generate random samples from various distributions SYNOPSYS
gsl-randist seed n DIST param1 param2 [..] DESCRIPTION
gsl-randist is a demonstration program for the GNU Scientific Library. It generates n random samples from the distribution DIST using the distribution parameters param1, param2, ... EXAMPLE
Here is an example. We generate 10000 random samples from a Cauchy distribution with a width of 30 and histogram them over the range -100 to 100, using 200 bins. gsl-randist 0 10000 cauchy 30 | gsl-histogram -100 100 200 > histogram.dat A plot of the resulting histogram will show the familiar shape of the Cauchy distribution with fluctuations caused by the finite sample size. awk '{print $1, $3 ; print $2, $3}' histogram.dat | graph -T X SEE ALSO
gsl(3), gsl-histogram(1). AUTHOR
gsl-randist was written by James Theiler and Brian Gough. Copyright 1996-2000; for copying conditions see the GNU General Public Licence. This manual page was added by the Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org>, the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer for GSL. GNU
GSL-RANDIST(1)