Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help wrt Perl scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help wrt Perl scripting Post 302908991 by Don Cragun on Sunday 13th of July 2014 12:07:36 AM
Old 07-13-2014
Is this a homework assignment?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Web site Security WRT MySql - how set up?

Hiya all, Newbie here - hope you can help Trying to set up a login authorization on my website. Reading away - it says works well with MySql database. Apache book goes onto to explain how to install Mysql etc.... But How do I set up the login page tho? Please assist Cheers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
5 Replies

2. Programming

WRT counter show me that line from a txt file

Hello Experts, I am beginner to C language.. I know I am making a simple mistake but I dont know what the problem here #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { FILE* fh; char s; int i; int count =10; double a,b; printf("COUNT=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in sorting wrt Date

Hi, Please help me in the below: I am trying to sort it in date order but I am failing somewhere L . Can anyone please help me on this? Your help is most appreciated on this. $ autorep -j EDSPME% | grep ' OI' | grep -v '^ ' |awk '{print $4 " " $1}'| sort -r -t/ -k 3 -k 2 -k 1 04/29/2008... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christineida
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 huge files wrt to a key using awk

Hi Folks, I need to compare two very huge file ( i.e the files would contain a minimum of 70k records each) using awk or sed. The comparison needs to be done with respect to a 'key'. For example : File1 ********** 1234|TONY|Y75634|20/07/2008 1235|TINA|XCVB56|30/07/2009... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranjani
13 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please review this thread wrt o/p

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/117633-top-output-specific-process-file-2.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

10. Programming

GTK C development; question/concern wrt gtk_dialog_run

I'm new to GTK development, so I've been going through the examples just to capture the basics. I've done a lot of Unix GUI development before, but it was all Xt/Motif stuff. So, the GTK scheduler is something new to me. That said, I was going through the color selection example here, and was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
8 Replies
qmail-users(5)							File Formats Manual						    qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)