Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk equivilent of Excel WEEKNUM() Post 302908924 by Corona688 on Friday 11th of July 2014 02:29:37 PM
Old 07-11-2014
So you want to fast-forward to 'friday' so if the year changes, it becomes the first week?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to read randomly located columns in an excel file

Hi, I have an excel file that have a random count of columns/fields and what im trying to do is to only retrieve all the rows under 2 specific field headers. I can use the usually command for awk which is awk 'print{ $1 $2}' > output.txt, but the location of the 2 specific field headers is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing two lines in awk as two columns in excel

hi guys, i would like to print two lines from a file as two adjacent columns using excel using awk.. i have this so far: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%s\n",$i)}}' "$count".ttt > "$count".csv #this to print the first line from the .ttt file as rows of the first column in the .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of Cells in EXCEL using awk

Hi I have 2 csv files which looks like the following and i have to compare the 2 CSVs and create a third file such that if the value of the 1st cell in A.CSV and the value of the first cell in the B.CSV are same, it should print "SAME" in the third file or else print NOT SAME. Likewise i need... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK to excel

I've looked at a few different posts and none have entirely answered my question. Wondering how i'd go about using AWK to export to an excel file, which i gather would be a .csv file from what I've read. Atm my AWK command will read 2 files and export 2 files. Each of those files have 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with selecting column with awk for a txt file generated by excel

I am new to scripting/programming, so I apologize for any novice questions. I have a tab delimited text file that was saved from excel xls file. I am trying to select only the third column using awk command. My command line is as below: cat test.txt | awk '{print $3}' However, above... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SangLad
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - If then else rule like Excel cell

Hi, I need extract / transpose where "Y" in the input file My input file is Item,EB,SB,SD,TP,GR LP,Y,N,N,N,Y GC,Y,N,N,N,N CO,N,Y,Y,Y,Y PS,Y,N,N,Y,Y Expecting output is EB-/'LP/',/'GC/',/'PS/' SB-/'CO/' SD-/'CO/' TP-/'CO/',/'PS/' GR-LP,CO,PS I appreciate for your help Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel vlookup function like value mapping with awk

I have two files File1 175552 st_497858.1 rs86052.1 rs92185.1 st_001022416.1 174841 175552_174841 179912 st_001122967.2 rs90435.1 rs89122.1 st_001022583.1 175545 179912_175545 179912 st_001122967.2 rs90435.1 rs89122.1 st_001022584.1 175545 179912_175545 179967 st_001256606.1 rs93516.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
WeekCalculator(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				       WeekCalculator(3pm)

NAME
Lire::WeekCalculator - handle different weeknumbering schemes SYNOPSIS
use Lire::WeekCalculator; my $week_calc = new Lire::WeekCalculator(); my $week_no = $week_calc->week_number( $time ); DESCRIPTION
We support three values for LR_WEEK_NUMBERING: ISO (strftime's %V): week starts on monday; W (week starts on monday) and U (week starts on sunday). See strftime(1). CONSTRUCTOR
new( %params ) Creates a new week calculator. The style of week numbering is selected using the "style" parameter. If that parameter is omitted, it defaults to the style set in 'lr_week_numbering' configuration variable. style() Returns the week numbering style used. This will be either "U", "W" or "ISO". week_number( $time ) Returns the week number of $time according the current week numbering scheme. The week number returned is between 1 and 53. week_idx( $time ) Returns the week index of $time according to the week numbering scheme. The week index is Lire specific and is used to normalise computations between different scheme in regards of the first incomplete week of the year. In the ISO case, the week index is always equals to week_number() - 1, for the other style, the week index of the week 0 will be one less than the last week number of the previous year. last_week_of_year($year) Returns the week number of the last week in the year $year. week_start( $year, $week_no ) Returns the epoch time of the first day of week $week_no in year $year when calculated using current style. find_year_week1_start_date($year) Returns the date (epoch) at which the first day of the first week of the year $year starts. strformat() Returns a string that can be used as the format specificier in calls to strftime to print the week number of this style. strfdate() Emulates POSIX::strftime() but picks up the %V if the system strftime doesn't support it. Should be called whenever you use format strings that may contain week-of-the-year-codes. AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org>, Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Wessel Dankers <wsl@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: WeekCalculator.pm,v 1.16 2006/07/23 13:16:30 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 WeekCalculator(3pm)