Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Insert comments in a loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert comments in a loop Post 302908466 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 8th of July 2014 05:35:01 AM
Old 07-08-2014
Code:
perl -ne '@r=split/\s+/,$_;printf "Employee %s logged into %s at %s on %s as OS user %s and logged off at %s", $r[6],$r[1],$r[4],"$r[2] $r[3]", $r[0], $r[5]' <filename>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove comments...

It may be a no-brainer, but the answer is escaping me right now: I'm trying to write a little script to remove all comments from .c source... I was thinking sed, but I'm not a very strong regexp user (e.g. I suck with sed). I tried dumping the file into: sed -e 's/\/\* * \*\///g' and several... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. Programming

lint comments

Hi can anyone help me regarding the meaning of the following lint messages. what is the use of having such lint comments in the c program. /*lint -esym(534,cputs,fgets,cprintf) */ /*lint -efile(766,pragmas.h) */ Thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting comments

Anyone have a good link for documentation conventions for scripts? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gliesian
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete comments

Delete everything comes in between /* & */. Current File: ==================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin /* ---sasasas/*dsdsds */ dbms_output.put_line('SAURABH'); END; To be File: =================== create or replace procedure test421 is begin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print only comments

I want to write a shell script which it takes as argument a java file or a c++ file (.java or .cpp). It will check if the file is type of java or c++, else it ends with error message. If all are ok, it will call awk that prints only the comments that the java or c++ file contains, grouping and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark_orig
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert predefine text in front and on a loop

Hi Experts, I wish to insert predefined text in front of every line and this needs to be in a loop because it is always expanding. Before : 11111111 22222222 33333333 44444444 55555555 77777777 88888888 00000000 To be Inserted : a= b= (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: masayangbata
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Comments

Hello i am back :D, i have a prolem. I want to Delete the IPs which are in Comments. Input 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 #192.168.0.3 #192.168.0.4 - when TAB or Space, delete too. /*192.168.0.5 192.168.0.6 192.168.0.7*\ Output 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 My solution is sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
7 Replies
RUSERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RUSERS(1)

NAME
rusers -- who is logged in to machines on local network SYNOPSIS
rusers [-al] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who, but for the list of hosts or all machines on the local network. For each host responding to the rusers query, the hostname with the names of the users currently logged on is printed on each line. The rusers command will wait for one minute to catch late responders. The following options are available: -a Print all machines responding even if no one is currently logged in. -l Print a long format listing. This includes the user name, host name, tty that the user is logged in to, the date and time the user logged in, the amount of time since the user typed on the keyboard, and the remote host they logged in from (if applicable). DIAGNOSTICS
rusers: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see portmap(8) ), and cannot accomodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rwho(1) users(1), who(1), portmap(8), rpc.rusersd(8) HISTORY
The rusers command appeared in SunOS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)