Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to avoid ISQL error?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid ISQL error? Post 302908045 by Klashxx on Thursday 3rd of July 2014 06:50:30 AM
Old 07-03-2014
Not tested but try to add retserverror to your isql command:
Code:
isql -Uxyz -SSYB_LOCOMOTIVE_xx -Pabc -Dlmn -w300 -o$sumOfJEOutputFile --retserverror

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login error because of indentation isql

The below works/usr/sybase/bin/isql -S${SERVER} -D${DB} -U${ID} -P${PASSWD} -w 250 -n <<EOF > output The below is indented but doesnt work when /usr/sybase/bin/isql -S ${SERVER} \ -D ${DB} \ -U ${ID} \ -P ${PASSWD} \ -w 250 \ -n ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to avoid empty line error

Hi, Below shell script executes based on liasted data files parameters.But small problem need to avoid ,If any empty line occures in dat files it's throwing oracle error .Need to ignore empty lines (means does not ready by script).Please advice. #/bin/sh adsts=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krajasekhar.v
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Handling using ISQL for oracle connection in Perl

Hi Am making connection to oracle using ISQL as shown in the code. This code is just a minor part of a big code. I want to capture the error if the password/login is wrong or if connection is not made. I need to capture the error code also. Also, If such an error occurs, i need to exit out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error while executing isql command on RHEL4

Hi, I am using RHEL4 and Oracle11g , my application requires odbc connection hence I modified ODBC.ini file and when I exceute isql commande I got the following error. isql: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/nastel/apwmq/odbc/lib/libodbc.so.1: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid error on terminal window!

Hi Guys, I am using simple ls command to find out whether the dir exist there or not. If dir found than remove. But the problem is I don't want the error shown on the terminal window that "dir not found" on the terminal window everytime i execute it. The code I am using is: set x = `/bin/ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid error with ln command?

mkdir logs mkdir: Failed to make directory "logs"; File existsTo avoid this error i use the -p argument so it creates a folder only if it is does not exists like you see below. mkdir -p logs In the similar manner i wish to avoid this error with ln command ln -s /tmp/myfolder var ln: cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)