Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DDOS attack please help!
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support DDOS attack please help! Post 302907830 by Lord Spectre on Wednesday 2nd of July 2014 04:24:15 AM
Old 07-02-2014
The problem is how many "temporarily"? If the attack continues for days and days I'll be out for such time. What about iptables drop idea?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

what is the better way to protect my server from DDos Attack

heloo today i have DDos Attack in my server what is the better way to secure my server from DDos Attack i use CentOS 4&5 i try every firewall and talk to softlayer - iweb i've Tried every possible solutions but I can not find a solution to the problems Give Me The best way plzz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a7medo
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Network attack - so what?

In my logs I find entries about attacks on my system. I know IP addresses, I know date and time and I know what they tried to do. So what's the best I can do now? Tell everybody that there are cybercriminals on that network? Write an email to their admin? Anything else? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
10 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

DDoS Simulation Tools

are there any popular DDoS simulation tools to test my own infrastructure? Anyone tried to setup all these in AWS EC2? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boriskong
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

DDoS and brute force attack

How to protect DDoS and brute force attack. I want to secure my server and block attacker. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: romanepo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Anti ddos shell script, is it useful?

Hi guys, just need a opinion from you. I found anti ddos script from github Script What is your opinion about it? Is it usefull? Do you have some similar? I want to protect my servers on all levels, why not in the servers via script. I assume I must fix this script to be useful for me, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
1 Replies
uucleanup(1M)															     uucleanup(1M)

NAME
uucleanup - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
time] time] time] time] string] time] system] debug_level] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for old files and takes appropriate action to remove them. Depending on the options selected, performs the following: o Informs the requestor of send and/or receive requests for systems that cannot be reached. o Returns mail that cannot be delivered to the sender. o Removes all other files. In addition, warns users of requestors who have been waiting for a given number of days (the default is 1 day). Note that unless time is specifically set, the default time values for the following options are used. Options recognizes the following options: Any files greater or equal to time days old are removed with appropriate information to the requestor. The default time is 7 days. Any files greater or equal to time days old are removed. An attempt is made to deliver mail messages and execute news when appropriate. The default time is 7 days. Any files equal to time cause a message to be mailed to the requestor warning about the delay in contacting the remote. The message includes the JOBID, and in the case of mail, the mail message. The administrator can include a message line telling who to call to correct the problem (see the option). The default time is 1 day. Any files greater than or equal to time days old are removed. The files are probably not present (if they were, the could be executed). But, if files are present, they are taken care of by processing. The default time is 2 days. This string is included in the warning message generated by the option. The default string is Other files whose age is more than time days are deleted. The default time is 2 days. Clean-up the spool directory for system only. The default is to clean-up all spool directories. The debug level is a single digit between 0 and 9. The higher the numbers, the more detailed the debugging information returned. This program is typically started by the script which should be started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
cron(1M), uucp(1), uux(1), uuclean(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uucleanup(1M)