Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To search exact pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To search exact pattern Post 302907682 by rohit_shinez on Tuesday 1st of July 2014 05:45:03 AM
Old 07-01-2014
Hi,

Actually what i need is to grep alone AUS.txt which should be resulted in output instead of AUS.txt|AUS.chk I am using grep to check and required to return in grep itself
Code:
grep AUS.txt file.txt

i am getting AUS.txt|AUS.chk but i need AUS.txt using grep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the exact pattern from a file?

Hi Let say there is a file a.txt which contain number rows. My intention is to find the number of occurences of a pattern. Let say the pattern is mdbase. then it should not count the occurences of mdbase1 or mdbase2 like this. When I tried to find it like grep "/backup/surjya/mdbase"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for exact string

Hi All, I need to search in a csv file as mentioend in the Appendix A for a exact word lets "TEST". But using teh below command iam getting TEST1234, TEST12 and otehr entries as well. the problem is i check this condition to check to add a record to a table by making sure it does not... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to grep exact pattern from file

Contents of my file is: DI DI DIR PHI I want to extract only DI. I am using below command grep -w DI <file> but it is also extracting DI. Can i use any other command to extract exact pattern where '[' does not have special meaning (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to finding the exact pattern

I have a output like below: A1 B2 C1 D3 A12 B4 A14 I am trying to find A1 by using grep grep -i "A1" But I got (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact Search and Replace using AWK

Hello. I have written the following script to search and replace from one file into another. #awk script to search and replace from file a in file b NR == FNR { A=$2; next } { for( a in A ) sub(a, A)}1 file2 file1 While the function works pretty well, I want a. The word in File 2 to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace exact string

Hello Everyone, Im trying to run a search and replace of exact strings and the strings that im using variables that are passed through an array in a while loop. Here is a snip of my code: USEROLD=`cat oldusers` USERNEW=`cat newusers` USEROLDARRAY=( $USEROLD ) USERNEWARRAY=( $USERNEW )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skizim
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: grep exact search

Hi, x=GATE ps -ef|grep pmon grid 552 1 0 Aug08 ? 00:00:51 asm_pmon_+ASM1 oracle 4314 1 0 Aug08 ? 00:04:08 ora_pmon_GATE1 oracle 5018 1351 0 10:14 pts/1 00:00:00 grep pmon oracle 7329 1 0 Aug08 ? 00:02:19 ora_pmon_NRID1 ps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the exact pattern

My Input : Hi editor this is the exact pattern which we looking for the previous patternmatch My code: awk '/pattern/ { print a } { a = $0 }' Current output : exact previous (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)