Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Conditional Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Conditional Script Post 302907574 by vrupatel on Monday 30th of June 2014 07:40:57 AM
Old 06-30-2014
Thanks Vishal & Rudic for your inputs. Vishal I tried you code and its gibing me below error:

Code:
update.sh[2]: ^M:  not found
' unexpected: syntax error at line 10 : `in

I am calling script as
sh update.sh 1
sh update.sh '1'
sh update..sh "1"

all 3 commands are giving me same error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a script using the case conditional

hello, i am a newbie who is just starting to use liunx, and I need to accept a string from the terminal and use case to echo a suitable message if the string doesn't have at least 10 characters. Also, how would I do the same thing using expr? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerstr1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion over a small conditional script

Hi, I was going through a file containing hundreds of lines of codes having conditional statement written as: log() { echo $@ } num=$(/usr/bin/rsh <one_machine> -l root 'ls -d /home/user/db* 2> /dev/null' | wc -w) (( num > 0 )) && log "db info:" so,if here the return value(stored in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Date Script

I am learning Unix for the first time. I am playing around with my default profile file to add some script in the KSH. The time format is GMT and I am in eastern time zone. I am trying to script some greetings based upon the time of day using the IF/ELIF conditions. I am getting errors. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpd259
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script for conditional execution

Below is my shell script. I am trying to execute two different BTEQ scripts depending on the day of the week. So on a saturday I will execute a certain BTEQ script and on other weekdays I will run the other script. #!/bin/ksh dt=`date +"%a"` if then bteq > final_output <<- EOF .run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional search and delete using SED / Shell script

Hi, I want to perform a conditional search and remove my search string. Input string: "abcdaabcadgfaarstab" Character to search: "a" Condition: Remove all "a" in the input string except if it is "aa" Output string: "bcdaabcdgfaarstb" Can you please help me in this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dominiclajs
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Execution of a Script.

I have a unix shell script Test.sh more Test.sh echo "Calling dbquery1.sh...." ./dbquery1.sh echo "Calling dbquery2.sh...." ./dbquery2.sh more dbquery1.sh sqlplus -s user1/password1@DB_SID @/tmp/storedprocedures/Hello.rcp I run Test.sh However, I do not want dbquery2.sh to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smarter conditional script with Table

Hi, currently I have a script with conditional checking. But it's not flexible to use, because i must create a more conditional script if there are more keyword (see table) required. Question is: Can I create a more smarter script that will be more flexible? I appreciate any help anyone can give... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add conditional check of whether a process is running before doing rest of script?

Hi, I'm looking at doing a cron job for a script that could take a very short time to complete or a very long time to complete based on variable activity on a server. I don't want to do a weird schedule, but I don't want to be so aggressive that the process attempts to start before another... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with conditional clauses for script output

Hello. I am new this site as well as new to shell scripting and this is my first form... Please help me with the following shell script. I am executing a shell script to run every 15 min (scheduled in cronjob) and it gives an output in an output file which is e-mailed. CONCCOUNT=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jamessteevens
1 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)