Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris User account get locked due to strange behaviours Post 302907124 by Peasant on Thursday 26th of June 2014 03:40:35 AM
Old 06-26-2014
If you try to ssh with specifed user from one Solaris box to another, are you experiencing the same problems ?
Can you also test with other clients or emulators besides putty (winscp, cygwin or alike) ?

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

3. Linux

Locked out of Mandrake 9.1 user account

Hi all, I've been using linux/unix now only for a couple of months and was doing ok until about 30 minutes ago... I needed to reboot into my windows 2000 partition, so, in a terminal I typed: shutdown -r now which duly rebooted the PC for me. On getting to the OS selection screen I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
5 Replies

4. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Banner for Locked Account

Hi, I have enable Account lock for failed login attempts. I have configured 1) /etc/security/policy.conf 2)/etc/default/login To lock an account if it make multiple incorrect attempts to login to Solaris 10 server. I can see the account gets locked in /etc/shadow. I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: menonk
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list all locked account in linux?

Hi How do i list all locked account in my linux distributiion I have tried passwd -S -a but it seems to not working . My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Particular user account shouldn't be locked after entering wrong passwd specfic no. times

Hi all In my system we have implemented user lockout feature after 3 failure attempt if he tries to login directly or if he run the any command through sudo and enter wrong password thrice. Now I have requirement in which particular user account shouldn't be locked when he run the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Locked out of server due to utmp growing out of control

:(Dear Solaris Experts, The file /var/adm/utmpx is steadily growing on our standbye Sun Sparc T5220 Solaris 10 server. I have tried everything such as the following steps without success: root@rainbow # uname -a SunOS rainbow 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
2 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)