Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for Auto IP Change Post 302907052 by jeetz on Wednesday 25th of June 2014 02:11:26 PM
Old 06-25-2014
As I said earlier, my trunks go offline (UNREACHABLE) every few days. The only work around is to have the local IP change and do a restart of asterisk service and network service. Changing the local IP is fine for me as all my clients connect through the VPN.

Any help would be appreciated. I havent executed the script as yet, as I know there are some syntax errors. Currently this is what I have.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
asteriskbin="which asterisk"
interval=10
ippath=/sbin/ifconfig

ip1=192.168.1.106
ip2=192.168.1.150

trunk="siptrunk"
run=true
while [[ "$run" == "true" ]]; do
    checktrunk="$asteriskbin -rx “sip show peer $trunk” | grep Status | grep -wc OK"
    if [[ $checktrunk == 0 ]]; then
    echo "TEST Trunk Down"
    else
    echo "SIP trunk registration OK."

whatip="$ippath eth0 | grep 'inet addr:' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}"

if [[ $whatip == $ip1 ]]; then 
    ifconfig eth0 $ip2
else
    ifconfig eth0 $ip1
    network service restart
    amportal restart

fi
    sleep $interval
done
#exit

Last edited by jeetz; 06-25-2014 at 03:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

auto update on directory change

Hi all! Recently I've started to develop a small program that needs to check for the arrival of files in a pre-determined directory. I could use a timer to check for changes in this directory every n seconds. Instead, what I'm really looking for is for some kind of notification mechanism... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmsantos
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change x screen and execute script

Hi there, I've been looking all day, but could not find anything helpfull, so I hope you can help me. When my system now starts up, the Xwindow is automaticly started and i get the log on screen (which is x screen 7 if I'm correct) Now what I would like is on startup that instead of going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to auto process ten random files and generate logs

Hello member's I'm learning to script in the ksh environment on a Solaris Box. I have 10 files in a directory that I need to pass, as input to a batch job one by one. lets say, the files are named as follows: abcd.txt ; efgh.bat ; wxyz.temp etc. (random filenames with varied extensions ).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Install jdk.bin using shell script with auto yes/no?

#!/bin/sh echo "Installing Java!!!" cd /opt echo "Want to give execute Permissions to java!!!" chmod 755 jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin echo "Executing the jdk script" ./jdk-6u7-linux-i586.bin This is the shell commands I am using... I want to know how to give answer to yes and no automatically... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepbharmori
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

VPNC auto connect shell script

I need a script which connects to vpn (asks for password) then when its connected starts a terminal connection to a specified ip address. Can somebody help me with this please? Thank you in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsax64
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to auto pass password in shell script !

Hi all, I have a simple script to check the CPU, Swap Memory and Hard Disk. But I can auto assign password in the script to automatic run it in crontab. Everytime when I run this script, it require to insert password like the message below : How can I solve this problem ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cafecoc85
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file would... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
40 Replies
ASTGENKEY(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      ASTGENKEY(8)

NAME
astgenkey - generates keys for for Asterisk IAX2 RSA authentication SYNOPSIS
astgenkey [ -q ] [ -n ] [ keyname ] DESCRIPTION
astgenkey This script generates an RSA private and public key pair in PEM format for use by Asterisk. The private key should be kept a secret, as it can be used to fake your system's identity. Thus by default (without the option -n ) the script will create a passphrase- encrypted copy of your secret key: without entering the passphrase you won't be able to use it. However if you want to use such a key with Asterisk, you'll have to start it interactively, because the scripts that start asterisk can't use that encrypted key. The key is identified by a name. If you don't write the name on the command-line you'll be prompted for one. The outputs of the script are: name.pub The public key: not secret. Send this to the other side. name.key The private key: secret. Those files should be copied to /var/lib/asterisk/keys (The private key: on your system. The public key: on other systems) To see the currently-installed keys from the asterisk CLI, use the command show keys OPTIONS
-q Run quietly. -n Don't encrypt the private key. SECURITY
The keys are created, using the umask of the user running the command. To create the keys in a secure manner, you should check to ensure that your umask is first set to disallow the private key from being world- readable, such as with the following commands: umask 0066 astgenkey yourkey And then make the key accessible to Asterisk (assuming you run it as user "asterisk"). chown asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/keys/yourname.* FILES
/var/lib/asterisk/keys SEE ALSO
asterisk(8), genrsa(1), rsa(1), http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+iax+rsa+auth AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. Asterisk May 14th, 2005 ASTGENKEY(8)