Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Variable initialization
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable initialization Post 302906769 by kekanap on Monday 23rd of June 2014 11:39:58 AM
Old 06-23-2014
Thank you Corona,

I am using Redhat Linux and your suggestion works but how do I initialize variable B?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Struct Initialization

Hi We are using a code generator for initializing structures with the #define macro. Compiling it with the GCC 2.8.1 (with -ansi) it OK. But when we are using the SUN C 5.0 compiler it screams. Following is a code sample: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct TEST3 {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding storing the initialization parameters

Hi all, In my shell script, I am reading some files, processing them, and writing the out-put in the log files. The out put contains number of rows in the file etc. I want to fetch the input files from a particular directory and I want to write the logs in a particular directory with a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell initialization files

As you know, when a user logs in, the shell reads the initialization files in an order something like below... ################### Bourne Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.profile Bash Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.bash_profile > $HOME/.bash_login > $HOME/.profile > $HOME/.bashrc C Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

4. Programming

Char initialization

Hi All, char a="\0"; a) a contains \0 a contains garbage value b) a contains \ a contains 0 a contains garbage value Pls, let me know correct result is a or b. I guess a. Thanks, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

little confusion about variable initialization.

Whenever i execute the below scriptlet with out proper file name it deletes /tmp directory . I guess this is because value of variable a didnt get initialized and there for rm -rf /tmp/ get executed and entire /tmp directory get deleted. How would i avoid any empty variables to be used in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
9 Replies

6. Programming

Class Pointer initialization C++

Hello everyone, I have a question, that are the following ways of pointer intialization same ? ClassA *point; point = 0; point = new ClassA; Thanks a load in advance!! Regards, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initialization error

new to shell scripting. below line is showing error in script. ${parameter:=word} in the o/p first it shows the below error. word: not found. and then in next line print "word" ---------------- p2: word: not found. word --------------------------- OS is AIX and shell is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openmpi - initialization failed

Hi everybody, my problem is the following: I'm trying to run an openmpi program on a cluster (atlasz.elte.hu, it's in hungarian, but you can try google translate), but I always got this error: Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack: MPIR_Init_thread(394)...........:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkobori
0 Replies

9. Programming

C- static initialization of structures

Situation: I have an array of structures: struct my_struct_type { char tags_sn; char group_c; char is_err_c; }; struct my_struct_type stuff = { "abcd", 'A', 'E', "efgh", 'B', 'E', "ijkl", 'C', 'E' NULL, '\0', '\0' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: garysk
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Hi , I was invoking a sh file using the nohup command. But while invoking, I received a below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: /u01/libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory . Could you please help out. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamal1108
2 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)