Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] directs to /var/www not ~/public_html Post 302906515 by Neo on Friday 20th of June 2014 09:04:35 AM
Old 06-20-2014
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is a PHP global variable for the entire PHP (and web server) configuration set in the the core web server config files (for example the global Apache2 conf file). You can change it there if you have root access.

Sounds like you are on a shared server? Yes? No?

Quote:
$_SERVER is an array containing information such as headers, paths, and script locations. The entries in this array are created by the web server. There is no guarantee that every web server will provide any of these; servers may omit some, or provide others not listed here. That said, a large number of these variables are accounted for in the » CGI/1.1 specification, so you should be able to expect those.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod for public_html ?

Hello! My web host has the public_html permission on my account set to 750. 1. Does this setting permit the world to use my submission forms (contained within contact.html and purchase_order.html)? 2. The "0" entry looks like it blocks the public from conducting all activity on my site.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize /var/www (debian)

I have several live websites running in the /var/www/XXXX directory. Initially when I did the Debian install I limited the web directory to 6GB. I am now outgrowing that limit. Question is: Is there a simple way to add space to the web directory??? I'd hate to have to redo the whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seagonus
3 Replies

3. Web Development

var/www/html permissions

Hi, first post. I have no Linux experience. I have an e-friend that set me up a VPS and my website with Apache and FTP access so I could upload my files the way I do it regularly with my shared hosting. The OS in the VPS is Fedora by the way. Now the thing is: http ://www.mydomain.com presents... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPA
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions of the folder var/www

what should be the permissions of the folder var/www in my ubuntu ? I need it to be safe and at the same time I need ftp users to be able to edit it. I was wondering if I should create a group with all permissions and add ftp users to this group in unix. what's the standard way to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting user permission for public_html

I have problem giving user access to his public_html directory. While when I am logged as root I can access my files by going to www.myserver.com/file.htmlwhere file.html is actually on this path... var/www/file.htmlBut when user tries to access his file.html on this path.... ~user/file.html it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to protect directory var/www in debian?

hi i need somme help to protect directory in debian with user and pass var/www thank's (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzeddine2005
6 Replies

7. Debian

Help request. FTP user to var/www/html

Hi all. I appologise this is my first post, I will gladly have a further look around to see if this has been posted elsewhere, but so far it has not, or it doesnt quite explain in full what I need. If anyone here can help me out, I would really appreciate this. I want to make sure I do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pinkfloyd
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Botnet Map from $_SERVER[HTTP_REFERER]

4000 node Botnet derived from PHP superglobal $_SERVER mapped with Google Maps Engine. https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums112-picture640.png total ips 54945 unique ips 4000 unique countries 64 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
MERGELOGS(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MERGELOGS(1)

NAME
mergelogs - merge and consolidate web server logs SYNOPSIS
mergelogs -p penlog [-c] [-d] [-j jitter] [-t seconds] server1:logfile1 [server2:logfile2 ...] EXAMPLES
mergelogs -p pen.log 10.0.0.1:access_log.1 10.0.0.2:access_log.2 mergelogs -p pen.log 10.0.18.6:access_log-10.0.18.6 10.0.18.8:access_log-10.0.18.8 DESCRIPTION
When pen is used to load balance web servers, the web server log file lists all accesses as coming from the host running pen. This makes it more difficult to analyze the log file. To solve this, pen creates its own log file, which contains the real client address, the time of the access, the target server address and the first few bytes of the requests. Mergelogs reads pen's log file and the log files of all load balanced web servers, compares each entry and creates a combined log file that looks as if the web server cluster were a single physical server. Client addresses are replaced with the real client addresses. In the event that no matching client address can be found in the pen log, the server address is used instead. This should never happen, and is meant as a debugging tool. A large number of these indicates that the server system date needs to be set, or that the jitter value is too small. You probably don't want to use this program. Penlog is a much more elegant and functional solution. OPTIONS
-c Do not cache pen log entries. The use of this option is not recommended, as it will make mergelogs search the entire pen log for every line in the web server logs. -d Debugging (repeat for more). -p penlog Log file from pen. -j jitter Jitter in seconds (default 600). This is the maximum variation in time stamps in the pen and web server log files. A smaller value will result in a smaller pen log cache and faster processing, at the risk of missed entries. -t seconds The difference in seconds between the time on the pen server and UTC. For example, this is 7200 (two hours) in Finland. server:logfile Web server address and name of log file. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Ulric Eriksson, <ulric@siag.nu>. SEE ALSO
pen(1), webresolve(1), penlog(1), penlogd(1) LOCAL MERGELOGS(1)