Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usrun
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usrun Post 302906444 by DGPickett on Thursday 19th of June 2014 03:39:12 PM
Old 06-19-2014
Look inside or run under strace/truss/tusc.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

usrun command

Hi, I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file. eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody The above example retunns "/bin/usrun: Permission denied" on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file. Please help me to achieve this. Any help in this regard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MandyR
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

usrun command

Hi, I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file. eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody The above example retunns /bin/usrun: Permission denied on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file. Please help me to achieve this. Any help in this... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

usrun command

Hi, I need to run usrun command and direct console output into a text file. eg: usrun -h <hostname> nobody The above example retunns "/bin/usrun: Permission denied" on the screen. I want this string to be directed into a text file. Please help me to achieve this. Any help in this... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use usrun command in shell script?

Hi All, I am a newbie to shell scripting. I need to make a simple script -which logs on to a server with usrun command -Check some file listing at that location and come back where I was before. usrun -h gbrpcr00076n06 utlanps cd /home/apps/Mydir/ lst exit But after I run the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoolMohsin
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usrun command

What is the use of this command and do this command require passed ? ---------- Post updated at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:27 PM ---------- Password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukesh31
2 Replies
AUTRACE:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					       AUTRACE:(8)

NAME
autrace - a program similar to strace SYNOPSIS
autrace program [-r] [program-args]... DESCRIPTION
autrace is a program that will add the audit rules to trace a process similar to strace. It will then execute the program passing arguments to it. The resulting audit information will be in the audit logs if the audit daemon is running or syslog. This command deletes all audit rules prior to executing the target program and after executing it. As a safety precaution, it will not run unless all rules are deleted with auditctl prior to use. OPTIONS
-r Limit syscalls collected to ones needed for analyzing resource usage. This could help people doing threat modeling. This saves space in logs. EXAMPLES
The following illustrates a typical session: autrace /bin/ls /tmp ausearch --start recent -p 2442 -i and for resource usage mode: autrace -r /bin/ls ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --file --summary ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --host --summary SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Jan 2007 AUTRACE:(8)