Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem to automate the change password Post 302906016 by rajjev_saini123 on Monday 16th of June 2014 04:23:47 PM
Old 06-16-2014
Lightbulb Problem to automate the change password

Hi.

I know how to get new password from input file which have till Dec 2014 passwords with today's date, i want to change my password everyday for which i know how to set cron job that will run everyday in morning. once it is changed it should e-mail me if it successful or not.

Can someone please provide some advise on it.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CWD=/home/John/Password
cd $CWD
(grep "`date +"%d-%b"`" abc.txt) > /home//John/Password/dateout.txt

--------------%

Last edited by rajjev_saini123; 06-17-2014 at 01:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Su To Diffent Account And Automate The Password

I Need To Switch To A Different Account Before A Shell Is Executed. Unforturnately I Have To Call This Shell Via A Third Party App And The User Account Of The Processes That I Need To Kill Is Not The Same As The Default Account Gui Signs In As. I Need The Password To Be Hard Coded When Prompted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingoice
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change password by pushing encrypted password to systems

I'm tasked to change a user's password on multiple Linux systems (RH v3). I though copying the encrypted password from one Linux /etc/shadow file to another would work but I was wrong. The long term solution is to establish an openLDAP Directory service, but for now I'm stuck with a manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Asks for current root password when trying to change root password.

Hello All, I have several solaris boxes running Solaris 8. When changing root passwords on them, all will simply ask for the new root password to change and of course to re-type the new password. One of the systems however asks for the existing root password before it will display the new password... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tferrazz
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Kerboer kinit password

Hi, I just wonder if anyone know how to auto encode the kerberos kinit password at prompt. kinit command is inside the one of the script called runscript.sh so ./runscript.sh ...... kinit username Password for username@example.com: How do I auto input the password without need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netlink
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can we Automate the User creation and setting password through a script in solaris 10

Hi, I am using Solaris 10 OS and Bash shell.Is there any way can we automate User creation and setting passwords through a script or any freeware tool. Advance thanks for your response. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
1 Replies

7. Linux

Change password

Hello People, How can i make linux's ssh ask a new password when the user's password is expired? I have some linux servers with this feature working, but other aren't. I've already tried to use chage -D 0 and other arguments, but it's not working as I expected. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

8. AIX

Change password to blank password

AIX 6.1 User has a password set. It needs to be a blank password (no password). smit passwd enter user name at change password and confirm password, just press ENTER Afterwards, I could not log on with blank password or with original password. How can I change the password to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landog
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in Change Password for user

Dears, I have a problem When I tried to change password for user in HP unix it gives me this error any one can help to solve this ? bmcaddm@nmssrv05: /home/bmcaddm # passwd Changing password for bmcaddm Old password: New password: Re-enter new password: vxfs: msgcnt 810034 mesg 001: V-2-1:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
8 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Dispatcher(3pm)User Contributed Perl DocumentatioJifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Dispatcher(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Dispatcher - password plugin dispatcher DESCRIPTION
All the dispatcher rules jifty needs to support "" in Jifty::Authentication::Password RULES
"before logout" Logout and return home. See Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Action::Logout. "before *" Setup the navigation menu for login or logout. "on qr/^(?:signup|lost_password)$/" Redirect to home if logged. Request a password reminder or signup for an account otherwise. "on login" Redirect to home if logged. Show the login form otherwise. "before reset_lost_password" Request a password reset. "before passwordreminder" Request a new password reminder to be sent by email. See Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Action::SendPasswordReminder. "before signup" Sign up for an account. See Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Action::Signup. "before login" Login to your account. See Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Action::Login. not_logged_in_nav Adds the login and signup links to the navigation menu. logged_in_nav Adds the logout link to the navigation menu. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password, Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::View COPYRIGHT
Jifty is Copyright 2005-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. Jifty is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::Plugin::Authentication::Password::Dispatcher(3pm)