Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling another Script from Command Line in UNIX Post 302905924 by LoneRanger on Monday 16th of June 2014 06:11:50 AM
Old 06-16-2014
RedHat Calling another Script from Command Line in UNIX

Hi all,

I am having problem in understanding the following line of code ..
Code:
/home/rmsbatch/autoscript/autorms.ksh dc_load_main.ksh -q belk_dc_load_tran_data.seq

What's being done here ? what does "-q" means ? What does ".seq" file means in unix "belk_dc_load_tran_data.seq"

Please elaborate Smilie

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data not Bold char! Thanks

Last edited by vbe; 06-17-2014 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java program calling a UNIX command

I was wondering if it was possible to call a unix command directly from a Java program during run-time. This command could very very basic e.g. "ps -ef" returned as a string, all I need is a starting place so if anyone has any suggestion or examples I would be very grateful (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QUartz Ite
2 Replies

2. Programming

calling UNIX script from C/C++

Hi all, Is it possible to call a UNIX script from C/C++ program? If yes, can you please tell me how? Thank you in advance Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling unix script from JSP???

Hi all, i have requirement where i need to call a unix script from a JSP code. my script should list all the csv files from a directory and then should upload the file names to an oracle table (using sqlloader). i tried using getRuntime function in JAVA to call my script and was successfully... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhups
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sub-script in a command while

Hi, I am writting a script reading a liste of files from a file-list using the command while read NEW_LINE, and calling a "ksh" shell for each line. My shell is like beside, and only the first line of the file-list of "/app/admin/file-list.txt" is actually processed. It seems that calling a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script / Command >>> in one line

Hi Experts, Basically I am a SAP programmer. I don't know much about UNIX. But I got a situation, need to use UNIX script /command in my programming. I searched the forum and found the below code. I would like to pass the below UNIX script in my programming code. But my programming will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbadveli
1 Replies

7. Programming

Calling UNIX command fron FORTRAN

I want to run the unix command in a fortran code echo trim(val_fgsize) | awk '{split($1, a, "/"); print a}'I am trying like this but getting problems s='echo ' // trim(val_fgsize) // '| awk '{split($1, a, "/"); print a}'' call system(s) ---------- Post updated at 05:15 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Macros in UNIX command

Hi .. I have created a sql macro, i want to execute this through ksh in putty.ie) sql.ksh will contain the macro query ,once i call this ksh ,the macro should trigger. I am able to write a macro : for ex: create macro macro_name (sel * from db_tablename) execute macro_name. Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kalaiselvi66
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with reading and calling a command in a script

The problem I am having now is calling and reading a command and The Main script reads the data file and passes the input to the two calculation scripts, and than output to a file. 1. The Main Script ----------------- input=inputfilepj3 output=outfilepj3 echo "*** Converting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheUnitedOSI
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting xls file to xlsx on UNIX script / command line.

Hi All, Am needing advise on how to convert xls file to xlsx format on Solaris unix command line or scripting. I tried searching online but it looks like I need to either use Perl packages of Excel or Python packages or some other 3rd party tool. Problem is to install any of these will require... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)