Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bypass stale PE ?
Operating Systems HP-UX Bypass stale PE ? Post 302905608 by vbe on Thursday 12th of June 2014 11:03:25 AM
Old 06-12-2014
So it must be something wrong with /dev/dsk/c9t3d0 a corrupt block that it cannot detect and shows up only the other side when trying to sync?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stale NFS file handle

Hi, I get an error saying "Stale NFS file handle" how can I solve this? Is it possible to do this with a umount/ mount command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Stale Mounts

Is there an easy way to find all stale mounts on a system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derf912
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing stale partitions

hi, i was trying to mirror root volume group and the command i was using didnt respond for a long time mirrorvg -m rootvg hdisk1 I was checking rootvg and it gives below. how do i fix stale partitions?? it seems to be on hdisk1 LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

lov4 stale found in lvdisplay

hi All I have one RP 3410 server with hp-ux 11.23 mirror disk it's lvdislay -v /dev/vg00/lvol4 shows stale in some location Actual is current pls help me to resolve the probem I have check with lvsync command and vgsync but not working re Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshtt32
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stale NFS file handle

There are a filesystem /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB Under this filesystem there is a directory called backup. But When I am trying to access the backup directory ,it is showing me the following error: # cd /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB # cd backup -bash: cd: backup: Stale NFS file handle ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
3 Replies

6. AIX

how to remove the stale entry without a reboot??

my AIX server used to have scsi disk hdisk4. Now i removed that disk. But still it is still listed in lspv. So how can i remove the stale entry of it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Stale users and no process

HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got two users that show in "w" with long idle times but if I search for their processes I find nothing (ps -ef | grep username ) I'm not sure why "w" still sees them and if there is anything (short of a reboot) that I can do to clean them out. Ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Stale lock installed for pkgadd

Any package that I try to install, is giving an error of 'lock': # pkgadd -d openssl-1.0.0g-sol10-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCossl openssl (sparc) 1.0.0g Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
2 Replies

9. AIX

Hd6 is in stale condition

Hi friends, the paging lv hd6 is in stale condition hd6 paging 48 96 2 open/stale N/A And i'am getting the following alerts in the server 333BD283 0811044814 U S LVDD Bad block detected with no relocation al 333BD283 0811041114 U S LVDD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies
LVEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVEXTEND(8)

NAME
lvextend - extend the size of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvextend [-A|--autobackup {y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] {-l|--extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber| -L|--size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT]} [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvextend allows you to extend the size of a logical volume. Extension of snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information to cre- ate snapshots) is supprted as well. OPTIONS -A, --autobackup y/n Controls automatic backup of VG metadata after the change ( see vgcfgbackup(8) ). Default is yes. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --extents [+]LogicalExtentsNumber Extend or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -L, --size [+]LogicalVolumeSize[kKmMgGtT] Extend or set the logical volume size in units in units of megabytes. A size suffix of M for megabytes, G for gigabytes or T for terabytes is optional. With the + sign the value is added to the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -v, --verbose Gives verbose runtime information about lvextend's activities. Examples "lvextend -L +54 /dev/vg01/lvol10 /dev/sdk3" tries to extend the size of that logical volume by 54MB on physical volume /dev/sdk3. This is only possible if /dev/sdk3 is a member of volume group vg01 and there are enough free physical extents in it. DIAGNOSTICS
lvextend returns an exit code of 0 for success or > 0 for error: 1 no logical volume name on command line 2 invalid physical volume name on command line 3 invalid logical volume name 4 error checking existence of logical volume 5 logical volume not active 6 error reading VGDA 7 requested physical volume not in this volume group 8 error getting index of logical volume 9 logical volume size not bigger than before 10 logical volume size exceeds volume group free capacity 11 logical volume size exceeds maximum 12 error setting up VGDA for logical volume extension 13 error extending VGDA for logical volume in kernel 14 error writing VGDA to physical volume(s) 15 error getting index for read/write statistics transfer 16 error getting status of logical volume from kernel 17 error setting up copy on write exception table 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_AUTOBACKUP If this variable is set to "no" then the automatic backup of VG metadata is turned off. LVM_VG_MAX_BACKUPS This variable determines the backup history depth of kept VGDA copy files in /etc/lvmconf. It can be set to a positive number between 0 and 999. The higher this number is, the more changes you can restore using vgcfgrestore(8). LVM_VG_NAME The default Volume Group Name to use. Setting this variable enables you to enter just the Logical Volume Name rather than its com- plete path. See also lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvreduce(8), lvchange(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS LVEXTEND(8)