Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX /usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group Post 302905605 by ibmtech on Thursday 12th of June 2014 10:53:01 AM
Old 06-12-2014
Why would you change the volume group name? changing to big vg should be fine without impacting anything. You created new VG?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/sbin/getty

How can i restart the console getty without rebooting the system on HPUX 11.0 Normally it will be stated by ps -ef | grep getty console 0:00 /usr/sbin/getty console console many thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iceman_denmark
4 Replies

2. Solaris

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found - Please help

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount of /usr failed or the /usr filesystem is badly damaged. The system is being halted. Either re-install the system of boot with -b option in an attempt to recover Anyone help me on restoring this without having to reinstall. it is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

syslog: /usr/sbin/envd[1075]:

hi friends, what is the meaning of this error ? syslog: /usr/sbin/envd: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

4. Solaris

crontab /usr/sbin/rtc log rc=1

I noticed in my cron log file for my solaris 8 servers the rc=1. I imagine that is return code and something did not process. Does anyone know what that is, is there fix or the implications of leaving it? Thank you > CMD: && /usr/sbin/rtc -c > /dev/null 2>&1 > root 22049 c Fri Dec 19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable To Extend the Size of a Logical Volume File System

Background: # uname -a HP-UX deedee B.11.23 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license deedee.rsn.hp.com:/ # bdf /opt Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol6 6553600 6394216 158144 98% /opt /opt is almost full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to deactivate a Volume Group

We want to deactivate a VG but failed, because one of the LVs created there is busy. When we are trying to unmount the LV, it is telling "not mounted" and if I execute mount command it will be informing us "already mounted". dmsetup info is indicating "Open Count = 1". Please help me, how we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to reduce the size of volume group?

My volume group of size 200 gb. out of which only 100 gb is used by 2 logical volumes /dev/vg00/lvol0 and /dev/vg00/lvol0 respectively (both are 50 gb each). Whenever i use vgreduce command to reduce the size of volume group i get below error. # vgreduce vg00 -a Physical volume... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for /usr/sbin/userdbset on Linux

Hello. I am currently on HPUX and migrating to Linux RHEL 6.4 This program on hpux: /usr/sbin/userdbset is puzzling me on linux. Does anyone know the equivilent program forked or used on linux. This program is mentioned in our user reset script. here is a strings of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
2 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to extend volume group(VG)

Would some help me on this below I am trying to extend file system on AIX and however unable to extend the file system. 0516-306 extendvg: Unable to find physical volume 20 in the Device Configuration Database. 0516-321 extendvg: Physical volume u01-lv is not configured. 0516-792... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
15 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)