Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Does your spouse nag you while you passionately code? Post 302905554 by rbatte1 on Thursday 12th of June 2014 06:06:14 AM
Old 06-12-2014
A few thoughts that might help you:-
  • You might need to work on your interfacing
  • Negotiating access is critical before attempting IO
  • Ensure you use the agreed port
  • Take virus protection seriously
  • Try not to panic the server in any way
  • Interrupts can cause panics, so ensure you have the firewall closed
  • Server processor peaking at 100% active is a good thing
  • Make sure that there is a graceful disconnect in all conversations
  • Scheduled activities on a timer are not as good as following a processing flow in sequence
  • IT promises rarely live up to customer expectations and can cause resentment
  • Beware of setting a "while true" loop unless you can handle the performance requirements
  • Don't just try an upgrade for the fun of it. Commit to your choice as conflicts caused can be irreparable
  • Beware of becoming obsolete yourself

Some people say that men substitute inadequacies by purchasing a big car and perhaps driving it in & out of the garage, but most probably just polish what they've got.

I could go on, but they degrade and get more offensive, so I should stop there from the point of decency. I hope that this has not offended anyone.

Robin Smilie
These 7 Users Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies