Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get SQL query result to file in putty Post 302905369 by pamu on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 07:42:24 AM
Old 06-11-2014
Thanks for the quick answers.

but how we can do it for isql ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unloading sql query to file

In unload to "/usr/home/data.012202" I wish to use a date variable as in unload to "/usr/home/data.`date`" for the file is that possible in a query to do, or will i need to add a mv command after the query to do it. I tried backquotes, , and () on `date` but didn't seem to work Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi , I just found you while surfing for the string 'Redirecting sql select query output from within a shell script to txt file/excel file' Could you find time sending me the code for the above question? It'll be great help for me. I have a perl file that calls the sql file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting sql select query result to txt file

Hi Yogesh, Lucky that i caught you online. Yeah i read about DBI and the WriteExcel module. But the server is not supporting these modules. It said..."Cannot locate DBI"..."Cannot locate Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" I tried creating a simple text file to get the query output, but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolphin123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Format the result driven from a SQL Query

Hi All, I want to format the result driven from the query into neat format. For example pls find the below code, #! /bin/sh result=' sqlplus -s uname/passwrd@DBname select no,name,address,ph_no, passport_no,salary,designation from emp_table where salary>1000; exit EOF' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I use SQL to query based off file data?

This is basically what I want to do: I have a file that contains single lines of IDs. I want to query the oracle database using these IDs to get a count of which ones match a certain condition. the basic idea is: cat myfile | while read id do $id in select count(PC.ptcpnt_id) from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whoknows
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

10. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure - SQL::Translator procedure object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure; my $procedure = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new( name => 'foo', sql => 'CREATE PROC foo AS SELECT * FROM bar', parameters => 'foo,bar', owner => 'nomar', comments => 'blah blah blah', schema => $schema, ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure" is a class for dealing with stored procedures (and possibly other pieces of nameable SQL code?). METHODS
new Object constructor. my $schema = SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure->new; parameters Gets and set the parameters of the stored procedure. $procedure->parameters('id'); $procedure->parameters('id', 'name'); $procedure->parameters( 'id, name' ); $procedure->parameters( [ 'id', 'name' ] ); $procedure->parameters( qw[ id name ] ); my @parameters = $procedure->parameters; name Get or set the procedure's name. $procedure->name('foo'); my $name = $procedure->name; sql Get or set the procedure's SQL. $procedure->sql('select * from foo'); my $sql = $procedure->sql; order Get or set the order of the procedure. $procedure->order( 3 ); my $order = $procedure->order; owner Get or set the owner of the procedure. $procedure->owner('nomar'); my $sql = $procedure->owner; comments Get or set the comments on a procedure. $procedure->comments('foo'); $procedure->comments('bar'); print join( ', ', $procedure->comments ); # prints "foo, bar" schema Get or set the procedures's schema object. $procedure->schema( $schema ); my $schema = $procedure->schema; equals Determines if this procedure is the same as another my $isIdentical = $procedure1->equals( $procedure2 ); AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cshl.org>, Paul Harrington <Paul-Harrington@deshaw.com>. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Schema::Procedure(3pm)