Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Can anybody learn how to code? Post 302905197 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 10th of June 2014 08:20:32 AM
Old 06-10-2014
banunkin, Do you mean the "If those foreigners don't understand, just shout louder" brigade?

Seems a bit like trying:-
Code:
echo `echo Hello!`

I never quite understand that type of traveller. A least the pronunciation of "Beer" and "Taxi" are pretty universal (although it's "Tacsi" in Wales.)

Robin (quite close to Wales)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to Learn About HP-UX

can someone give me the link to any site that deals on HP-UX system administration?? Please do not refer me to buy or borrow any books, i just need a free site to learn some quick info from (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to learn!

Hiya, yes im new to all of this! But want to learn how to use Unix etc, iv been thinking about doin a course but desided im better off learning by my self with help from the people who really no what there doin...you guys! I can install Linux, like redhat, mandrake, susie server edition and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epic.admin
5 Replies

3. Programming

Learn C or C++

Hi, Apologies if this question has been asked before. I would like to know which language is better to learn in terms of programming in unix? is C dying out and being replaced by C++ or is it a combination of the 2 or just mainly C? Thanks C19 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to learn UNIX?

Hey everybody, I am a 25 year old web programmer in Malaysia. I am not hapy with my line of work and I want to do something more. I know asp.net,asp,php and jsp.But they dont really land me in a good promising job wich I realy love. I am more interested in Oracle DBMS. now to be a DBA in Oracle... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shounak
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want to Learn HP-UX!

What's the best free system to learn HP-UX on? The closest system, hardware requirements and installation instructions. I'm a newbie but determined. Any tips would be great. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: networkguy
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Want to learn RedHat

I Want to learn Red hat Linux at free of cost, can any one help me, I am zero in unix. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mustaq
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to learn UNIX

Hi, I am the ultimate noob when it comes to UNIX. Apart from a few basic thing like ls -l and mkdir (and that really is about as good as it gets) I know absolutely nothing about UNIX and I want to learn it and get better! I'm sure like with most things, just getting stuck in and trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebdj
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to learn

Hi I know only basics of UNIX and i want to know that how can i become a good troubleshooter in unix adminstartion or shell scripting.... i am just a newbie to Unix ..i do not have programming skills as well. Your suggestions are welecomed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynitin
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

You too can learn how to code in a day! ;oO

I am not passing a comment, just waiting to read yours... ;oD Decoded: learn to write computer code in a day - Telegraph Decoded | Technology made human | On Demand, Enterprise, Masterclass (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
MAXDB_WARNING_COUNT(3)							 1						    MAXDB_WARNING_COUNT(3)

maxdb_warning_count - Returns the number of warnings from the last query for the given link

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_warning_count (resource $link) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb->warning_count () maxdb_warning_count(3) returns the number of warnings from the last query in the connection represented by the $link parameter. RETURN VALUES
Number of warnings or zero if there are no warnings. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); /* a remarkable city in Wales */ $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity (zip, name) VALUES('11111', 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch')"; $maxdb->query($query); printf ("Number of warning: %d ", $maxdb->warning_count); /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.mycity LIKE hotel.city"); /* a remarkable long city name in Wales */ $query = "INSERT INTO temp.mycity (zip, name) VALUES('11111', 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch')"; maxdb_query($link, $query); printf ("Number of warning: %d ", maxdb_warning_count($link)); /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Warning: maxdb_query(): -8004 POS(62) Constant must be compatible with column type and length <...> Number of warning: 0 SEE ALSO
maxdb_errno(3), maxdb_error(3), maxdb_sqlstate(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_WARNING_COUNT(3)