Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Research questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Research questions Post 302904635 by vbe on Thursday 5th of June 2014 09:47:37 AM
Old 06-05-2014
You havent been looking for !
You would have found thats its a boolean operator inverting a true condition to false and vice versa...
please use code tags for code and data! Code should be between the tags

You dont know neither do I, where it is searching because the given code doesnt specify... so most like current directory...

Some reading:
Unix - Using Shell Variables
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Research Project

Hi, I need you help with my research project that attempts to determine the link between users and manufacturers of IT Products such as Unix. This is part of an MBA program that I'm currently pursuing. My challenge is that I cannot possibly find out how I can send my research... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tdludlu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research paper

I am doing a "research" paper for school and i'm having a hard time finding accurate information. I am supposed to choose three differant versions of unix, give a brief explination of each, tell why there each differant from each other. I have found a ton of web sites but the information is so vast... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pantsusan
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Research for College

I am researching the reasons why Unix / Linux is the chosen operating system versus Windows. I have had difficutly narrowing down resources. I am wondering if anyone has any favorite sources that they would care to share. Thanks Dan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isenhart
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research an expression in VI editor

Hi, how to look for an expression like : or Client ChkAeStatus4 service in VI ? For a word , of cours : /word (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Research ID - in Crontab

Hi, I have a unix script which runs a process (informatica workflow). To trigger this workflow an entry is made into the crontab and it is scheduled to run. Issue: The crontab entry is commented out. But the process is running in the unix box and it was scheduled immediately. There is someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - print differences between two files SYNOPSIS
diff [-c | -e | -C n] [-br]file1 file2 OPTIONS
-C n Produce output that contains n lines of context -b Ignore white space when comparing -c Produce output that contains three lines of context -e Produce an ed-script to convert file1 into file2 -r Apply diff recursively to files and directories of EXAMPLES
diff file1 file2 # Print differences between 2 files diff -C 0 file1 file2 # Same as above diff -C 3 file1 file2 # Output three lines of context with every diff -c file1 file2 # Same diff /etc /dev # Compares recursively the directories /etc and /dev diff passwd /etc # Compares ./passwd to /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
the same name, when file1 and file2 are both directories" difference encountered" Diff compares two files and generates a list of lines telling how the two files differ. Lines may not be longer than 128 characters. If the two arguments on the command line are both directories, diff recursively steps through all subdirectories comparing files of the same name. If a file name is found only in one directory, a diagnostic message is written to stdout. A file that is of either block special, character special or FIFO special type, cannot be compared to any other file. On the other hand, if there is one directory and one file given on the command line, diff tries to compare the file with the same name as file in the directory directory. SEE ALSO
cdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), patch(1). DIFF(1)