Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Research questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Research questions Post 302904635 by vbe on Thursday 5th of June 2014 09:47:37 AM
Old 06-05-2014
You havent been looking for !
You would have found thats its a boolean operator inverting a true condition to false and vice versa...
please use code tags for code and data! Code should be between the tags

You dont know neither do I, where it is searching because the given code doesnt specify... so most like current directory...

Some reading:
Unix - Using Shell Variables
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Research Project

Hi, I need you help with my research project that attempts to determine the link between users and manufacturers of IT Products such as Unix. This is part of an MBA program that I'm currently pursuing. My challenge is that I cannot possibly find out how I can send my research... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tdludlu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research paper

I am doing a "research" paper for school and i'm having a hard time finding accurate information. I am supposed to choose three differant versions of unix, give a brief explination of each, tell why there each differant from each other. I have found a ton of web sites but the information is so vast... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pantsusan
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Research for College

I am researching the reasons why Unix / Linux is the chosen operating system versus Windows. I have had difficutly narrowing down resources. I am wondering if anyone has any favorite sources that they would care to share. Thanks Dan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isenhart
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

research proposal for PG

hi friends i have just completed my graduation and applied for Post graduation i have to submit a research proposal of OS in the interview i m a beginner & only read galvin & silbershcatz book on operating systems can anyone help me in that ... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iet.manish
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Research an expression in VI editor

Hi, how to look for an expression like : or Client ChkAeStatus4 service in VI ? For a word , of cours : /word (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Research ID - in Crontab

Hi, I have a unix script which runs a process (informatica workflow). To trigger this workflow an entry is made into the crontab and it is scheduled to run. Issue: The crontab entry is commented out. But the process is running in the unix box and it was scheduled immediately. There is someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NAS Research

Good Afternoon, Are most NASs compatible with Solaris/RedHat? Specifically, I'm looking at Western Digital ones but none of them say they are - I like My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 My Cloud Pro Series PR4100 – Network Attached Storage | Western Digital (WD) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
3 Replies
GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)                                                    Git Manual                                                    GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-ls-remote - List references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git ls-remote [--heads] [--tags] [--refs] [--upload-pack=<exec>] [-q | --quiet] [--exit-code] [--get-url] [--symref] [<repository> [<refs>...]] DESCRIPTION
Displays references available in a remote repository along with the associated commit IDs. OPTIONS
-h, --heads, -t, --tags Limit to only refs/heads and refs/tags, respectively. These options are not mutually exclusive; when given both, references stored in refs/heads and refs/tags are displayed. --refs Do not show peeled tags or pseudorefs like HEAD in the output. -q, --quiet Do not print remote URL to stderr. --upload-pack=<exec> Specify the full path of git-upload-pack on the remote host. This allows listing references from repositories accessed via SSH and where the SSH daemon does not use the PATH configured by the user. --exit-code Exit with status "2" when no matching refs are found in the remote repository. Usually the command exits with status "0" to indicate it successfully talked with the remote repository, whether it found any matching refs. --get-url Expand the URL of the given remote repository taking into account any "url.<base>.insteadOf" config setting (See git-config(1)) and exit without talking to the remote. --symref In addition to the object pointed by it, show the underlying ref pointed by it when showing a symbolic ref. Currently, upload-pack only shows the symref HEAD, so it will be the only one shown by ls-remote. <repository> The "remote" repository to query. This parameter can be either a URL or the name of a remote (see the GIT URLS and REMOTES sections of git-fetch(1)). <refs>... When unspecified, all references, after filtering done with --heads and --tags, are shown. When <refs>... are specified, only references matching the given patterns are displayed. EXAMPLES
$ git ls-remote --tags ./. d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 0918385dbd9656cab0d1d81ba7453d49bbc16250 refs/tags/junio-gpg-pub $ git ls-remote http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git master pu rc 5fe978a5381f1fbad26a80e682ddd2a401966740 refs/heads/master c781a84b5204fb294c9ccc79f8b3baceeb32c061 refs/heads/pu $ git remote add korg http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git $ git ls-remote --tags korg v* d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)