Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping Post 302904339 by Corona688 on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 03:31:14 PM
Old 06-03-2014
mysql keeps its files in a central place, what are the folders for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with looping

Hi, Actually I have a file which consists data . for eg names. Then I want my sql query to read this file and produce the output. Currently I am using this FOR EG : FILENAME is NAMES for i in `cat NAMES` { sqlplus -s $CONNECTID << EOF spool rooh set heading off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping

Hi I have around 100 users in sun server and have default home directory in /usr/home/<username> I want to clean their home directory time to time to make free space on root, as users generate many output files during usage of application. My idea is, generate a file with following command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishir
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through the directory

Hi, I have to write a KSH script to loop through the directory and transfer all the files through FTP. The source machine is the Network shared drive and the files in the directory needs to be FTPied to the UNIX server. For eg. Directory (Datasource) + Directory1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for looping

I run into a issue when I try to do sorting of the following with ascending order, one round of for looping seems not working, anyone knows how to use shell or perl? $array = (5,0,3,2,7,9,8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on looping using if/for or while

Hello, where can I get usefull information on the use of looping with for , if and while with extensive examples. Also use of variables in scripts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam4now
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through entries

Hi everyone, I am having trouble looping through entries in a file. The file several entries that are separated by topics e.g. <Topic r:id="Top/World/Français"> </Topic> <Topic r:id="Top/World/Français/Actualité"> </Topic> <Topic r:id="Top/World/Français/Actualité/A_la_Une"> <link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi, Now I have written a script which sorts the records in the file and splits them according to some condition. Now, I need to modify the script so that it reads all the files one after the other and does the sorting & splitting. Pls help me in reading all the files in a directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi evryone i need a help . i have a file xcv.the content is : accelerate i want a script which will run 1000 times in loop and changing the value to accelerate to acceler in 1st loop and in 2nd loop it will be again accelerate and so on . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping while using getopts

so when i use rm file -i vv bb i can delete the first file vv but i cant seem to delete the second file bb as i tried to use shift on it, but it seems that it delete the first one and stops it without looping it to the next file. what is wrong with my coding ? #!/bin/bash function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cman123
3 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 10.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)