Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A little bit of poetic light entertainment. Post 302904307 by vbe on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 12:13:14 PM
Old 06-03-2014
At the time I was studying Theology... and ordered for my at the time wife a Sinclair QL...
When she left 2 years later I found myself with the QL not knowing what to do with it... Took me another 3 years to find an interest and then I started programming in superbasic...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light entertainment. ;oD

;oD I received this snippet on facebook the other day... Enjoy:- (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

A little light entertainment... ;oD

New O'Reilly books... URL: New O'Reilly books - Album on Imgur I'll bet many of you have come across a few of these... ;oD (0 Replies)
0 Replies
TIME(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   TIME(3)

NAME
time -- get time of day LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t time(time_t *tloc); DESCRIPTION
The time() function returns the value of time in seconds since 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds, January 1, 1970, Coordinated Universal Time. A copy of the time value may be saved to the area indicated by the pointer tloc. If tloc is a NULL pointer, no value is stored. Upon successful completion, time() returns the value of time. Otherwise a value of ((time_t) -1) is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), ctime(3) STANDARDS
The time() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A time() function appeared in Version 2 AT&T UNIX. It returned a 32-bit value measuring sixtieths of a second, leading to rollover every 2.26 years. In Version 6 AT&T UNIX, the precision of time() was changed to seconds, allowing 135.6 years between rollovers. In NetBSD 6.0 the time_t type was changed to be 64 bits wide, including on 32-bit machines, making rollover a concern for the far distant future only. Note however that any code making the incorrect assumption that time_t is the same as long will fail on 32-bit machines in 2038. BSD
November 5, 2011 BSD