Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP XLSX file from UNIX to windows Post 302904302 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 11:32:54 AM
Old 06-03-2014
What's creating the xslx file on the Unix box? And what are you trying to open it with on the Windows box?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file from Windows to Unix automatically

Hi, Is there a way to ftp file from windows to Unix directory by using crontab to set up a job ? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How send a file from UNIX to Windows with FTP

Hi I'm new working in UNIX, So, I want to know How I can send a file from UNIX to Windows server with FTP. This is my script. ftp -i -n -v <<** open 199.99.99.99 user user1 password1 lcd C01_07_06 /* source/ cd //199.98.98.98/group1/reports /*destination*/ put file1.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzela
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to FTP file from Windows to unix

I need your help for a FTP Job to be schedule to copy files from windows to Unix. in a set of time interval. My requirement is as follows. 1.Script should check whether file is available in the windows folder , if available then do FTP to unix server , and then move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.kamble
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I access the create date from Windows after the file has been FTP'd to UNIX ?

I run an application that creates a hostname_log.txt file on the c:\ of each windows workstation. At the end of each day, these log files are FTP'd to a directory on a UNIX box. When I run "ls -lrt", the timestamp that is displayed is the timestamp that the FTP occured, not the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavman99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp the latest file from unix to windows

Hi, I have a ftp script to ftp files from unix to windows. Now i need to pull the latest file from unix to windows. It is not working. ftp -nvi $SERVER > ${FILE_DIR}/NavigationftpLog << EOD user $USER $PWD lcd $FILE_DIR echo "the local directory is $FILE_DIR" cd $Remote_PATH echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp an excel file from windows to unix

Hi all.. Please help me on below requirement. I have an excel file ftped from windows to unix location. I am not able to open the file. if i am opening it in vi editor, i am getting only junk characters. I have to make the excel file as .csv file and read the data to put some business... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP xlsx file doesn't work ...contains wierd characters.

Guys, I've a xlsx file containing pivot tables and my job is to FTP it from one Linux terminal to another. I use the script below : ftp -in xxxx > /ftp.log 2>&1 <<EOT user xxx yyyy binary cd <directory> put xxx.xlsx `basename xxx.xlsx` bye EOT After the file is received in the FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
2 Replies
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)