Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass system date and sysdate-7 in script through crontab Post 302904244 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 3rd of June 2014 05:09:41 AM
Old 06-03-2014
Have a read of two things:-
  • The manual page for the date command
  • Search this forum for date and you will find lots of threads to do what you want.
You may need use cron to call a wrapper script that works these out and then calls the real script you want, e.g.:-
Code:
$ crontab -l
00 23 * * * /my_home/wrapper_script

Code:
$ cat wrapper_script
#!/bin/ksh

d1=20140603          # Need to get this from the date command
d2=20140527          # Need to calculate this from the date command

/usr/local/scripts/main_script $d1 $d2

I hope that this helps, but in any case:-
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What errors/output are you getting?
  • What OS and version are you using (some have more options on the date command)

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a date read from database to the shell script?

Hi i have a database table which i will query in a sqlplus session and it will either come back with a date or null? Now, what i want to do is based on the date returned i will either abort or continue with the script execution. I need to know is there a way other than spooling the date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script from another script if system date was reached

I what to find a system date in a shell script and search for it in a file in specific record. If the record (ENDC) has the same date I what to execute another shell script. Here is example of the file: Can someone please help me with this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in Shell Script comparing todays date with Yesterday date from Sysdate

Hi, I want to compare today's date(DDMMYYYY) with yesterday(DDMMYYYY) from system date,if (today month = yesterday month) then execute alter query else do nothing. The above requirement i want in Shell script(KSH)... Can any one please help me? Double post, continued here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmsk1331
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace actual generated date with sysdate?

Hi, currently I've a file with the following content: insert into CD_CARD_TYP (code, description, last_update_by, last_update_date) values ('024', '024', 2, to_date('29-03-2008 05:16:09', 'dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')); insert into CD_CARD_TYP (code, description, last_update_by,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Sysdate-1 ORA Errors - Can you help me in this UNIX Script?

Hi Guys, I wanted to create an Unix Shell Script that should fetch a particular string from a text file on a particular date. We all know Oracle generates alert logs for each and every day for every actions in the database. I have an alert log file now where it contains for about a months... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja_dba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?

Hi I need your help, please How can I pass arguments to system command in a awk script?... for example: byte=substr(cadena,pos,2); system("grep -n byte mapeo.txt"); Does it exist a way? Thanks for advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

Can someone help me with the code wherein there is a file f1.txt with different column and 34 column have expiry date and I need to get that and compare with system date and if expiry date is <system date remove those rows and other rows should be moved to new file f2.txt . I don't want to delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuti
2 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Compare date in .txt with system date and remove if it's lesser than system date

I m working on shell scripting and I m stuck where in my .txt file there is column as expiry date and I need to compare that date with system date and need to remove all the rows where expiry date is less than system date and create a new .txt with update. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stuti
1 Replies
br(1)							      General Commands Manual							     br(1)

NAME
br - utility to interact with Firecracker device SYNOPSIS
br [options] [housecode[list]] [native command] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the br command. br is a program that interacts with X10's Firecracker device allowing the user to manipulate X10 devices throughout their house/office. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbose Each -v will increase the verbosity. -x, --port=PORT Set port to communicate with (should be the port the Firecracker module is plugged into) -c, --house=[A-P] Use alternate house code for operations, default is A -n, --on=LIST Turn on all devices in LIST -f, --off=LIST Turn off all devices in LIST -N, --ON Turn on all devices in housecode -F, --OFF Turn off all devices in housecode -d, --dim=LEVEL[,LIST] Dim devices in housecode [or LIST] to relative LEVEL -B, --lamps_on Turn on all lamps in housecode -D, --lamps_off Turn off all lamps in housecode -r, --repeat=NUM Repeat commands NUM times (0 = ~forever) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ashley Clark <aclark@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Ashley Clark br(1)