Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Record count checking for multiple files through for-loop Post 302904134 by RudiC on Monday 2nd of June 2014 10:17:05 AM
Old 06-02-2014
Then you have to rephrase the logics. Check both files, keeping results in variables, then test the variables and proceed depending on test results.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replaying a record count with another record count

i use unix command to take the record count for a file1 awk 'END{print NR}' filename i already have a file2 which conatin the count like ... .. rec_cnt=100 .. .. I want to replace the record in the file2 using the record i take from file1. suggest me some simple ways of doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking count of files and exiting

Hi All Please see the script below for file in ${filelist }; do if ]; then if ]; then print " $(date) STEP 6 ------- Copying $file to $destpath" fi if ! cp $ftppath/$file $destpath 2> /dev/null; then writeToLog "ERROR: ${0##*/} - $upartition Could not copy file $file" if ]; then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: king007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if loop for checking multiple parameters

Hello, I've got next problem: I want to examine at the beginning of a script in an if loop that: 1. Is there 4 parameters given 2. If first state is true then: is there switches -e and -d? 3. At the end, how can i indentify them as variebles regardlees to its order. I was thinking like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szittyafergeteg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of record count of two files

Hi, I have one text file and zip file in UNIX directory.The Zip file contains another text file. For Ex: Text File Name = Req_file.txt Zip file Name= Response_file.txt_04072009_121548.gz Zip file contains one text file that name is Response_file.txt I want to compare the record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the existance of multiple files

I am trying to execute the following command to check the existance of a file (which has a date timestamp on it). If there are more than one file, then also it should give me 'success' result. if then <do some work> else <no files> fi Since there are more than one... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

count of record in files

Hi all, I have written a scripts which count number of lines in all the files in a directory and write in a text file. I don't know how to format it while writing. OS suns solaris 10 my scripts is as below for i in /ersdg3/ERS/ERS_INPUT_LOGS/RIO/LOGS/RIO_02-Aug-2012/ *.LOG do echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
11 Replies

7. Programming

awk to count occurrence of strings and loop for multiple columns

Hi all, If i would like to process a file input as below: col1 col2 col3 ...col100 1 A C E A ... 3 D E G A 5 T T A A 6 D C A G how can i perform a for loop to count the occurences of letters in each column? (just like uniq -c ) in every column. on top of that, i would also like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iling14
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking File record equal to multiple of 70 or nearest number to multiple of 70

Hello, I have a file with below content - Example 3 6 69 139 210 345 395 418 490 492 I would like the result as - Multiple of 70 or nearest number in the file less than the multiple of 70 69 139 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV joining and checking multiple files

Hello, For our work we use several scripts to gather/combine data for use in our webshop. Untill now we did not had any problems but since a couple days we noticed some mismatches between imports. It happened that several barcodes where matched even though it was a complete other product. Of... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
19 Replies
srec_signetics(5)						File Formats Manual						 srec_signetics(5)

NAME
srec_signetics - Signetics file format DESCRIPTION
The Signetics file format is not often used. The major disadvantage in modern applications is that the addressing range is limited to only 64kb. Records All data lines are called records, and each record contains the following 5 fields: +--+------+----+----+----+----+ |: | aaaa | cc | as | dd | ss | The field are defined as follows: +--+------+----+----+----+----+ : Every record starts with this identifier. aaaa The address field. A four digit (2 byte) number representing the first address to be used by this record. cc The byte-count. A two digit value (1 byte), counting the actual data bytes in the record. as Address checksum. Covers 2 address bytes and the byte count. dd The actual data of this record. There can be 1 to 255 data bytes per record (see cc) ss Data Checksum. Covers only all the data bytes of this record. Record Begin Every record begins with a colon ":[rq] character. Records contain only ASCII characters. No spaces or tabs are allowed in a record. In fact, apart from the 1st colon, no other characters than 0..9 and A..F are allowed in a record. Interpretation of a record should be case less, it does not matter if you use a..f or A..F. Unfortunately the colon was chosen for the Signetics file format, similar to the Intel format (see srec_intel(5) for more information). However, SRecord is able to automatically detect the dofference between the two format, when you use the -Guess format specifier. Address Field This is the address where the first data byte of the record should be stored. After storing that data byte, the address is incremented by 1 to point to the address for the next data byte of the record. And so on, until all data bytes are stored. The address is represented by a 4 digit hex number (2 bytes), with the MSD first. The order of addresses in the records of a file is not important. The file may also contain address gaps, to skip a portion of unused memory. Byte Count The byte count cc counts the actual data bytes in the current record. Usually records have 32 data bytes, but any number between 1 and 255 is possible. A value of 0x00 for cc indicates the end of the file. In this case not even the address checksum will follow! The record (and file) are terminated immediately. It is not recommended to send too many data bytes in a record for that may increase the transmission time in case of errors. Also avoid sending only a few data bytes per record, because the address overhead will be too heavy in comparison to the payload. Address Checksum This is not really a checksum anymore, it looks more like a CRC. The checksum can not only detect errors in the values of the bytes, but also bytes out of order can be detected. The checksum is calculated by this algorithm: checksum = 0 for i = 1 to 3 checksum = checkum XOR byte ROL checksum next i For the Address Checksum we only need 2 Address bytes and 1 Byte Count byte to be added. That's why we count to 3 in the loop. Every byte is XORed with the previous result. Then the intermediate result is rolled left (carry rolls back into b0). This results in a very reliable checksum, and that for only 3 bytes! The last record of the file does not contain any checksums! So the file ends right after the Byte Count of 0. Data Field The payload of the record is formed by the Data field. The number of data bytes expected is given by the Byte Count field. The last record of the file may not contain a Data field. Data Checksum This checksum uses the same algorithm as used for the Address Checksum. This time we calculate the checksum with only the data bytes of this record. checksum = 0 for i = 1 to cc checksum = checksum XOR byte ROL checksum next i Note that we count to the Byte Count cc this time. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in sized by approximately 2.4 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example Signetics file :B00010A5576F77212044696420796F75207265617B :B01010E56C6C7920676F207468726F756768206136 :B02010256C6C20746861742074726F75626C652068 :B0300D5F746F207265616420746869733FD1 :B03D00 In the example above you can see a piece of code in Signetics format. The first 3 lines have 16 bytes of data each, which can be seen by the byte count. The 4th line has only 13 bytes, because the program is at it's end there. Notice that the last record of the file contains no data bytes, and not even an Address Checksum. SEE ALSO
http://sbprojects.fol.nl/knowledge/fileformats/signetics.htm AUTHOR
This man page was taken from the above Web page. It was written by San Bergmans <sanmail@bigfoot.com> Reference Manual SRecord srec_signetics(5)