Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: USB-Ethernet/Ethernet-USB
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users USB-Ethernet/Ethernet-USB Post 302903877 by fedora18 on Friday 30th of May 2014 12:26:24 PM
Old 05-30-2014
Ya, I connected fine.
My problem was having a constant write from server to client loop. Reason being that while monitoring the fd_set readfs I wasn't getting a wakeup from select when the client was ready for writing. so created another fd_set writefs and all good.

thanks

---------- Post updated at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:26 AM ----------

So lets say I have bound a socket to a port and am listening on that port for incoming connections.

Is there a way upon receiving and incoming connection and calling accept() where I can establish a new socket on a different port. Can I feed a new sockaddr_in structure into accept()?

Back the data collection program here haha. Another instrument I am dealing with requires a client to connect on one port, send a request for data, and then it sends that data back on a different port.

Thanks all!

Last edited by fedora18; 05-30-2014 at 11:09 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet

We are trying to Establish Network using Linux.Now we are facing the problem in configring Ethernet.In out network we are giving eth0 in server and activating it at the boot time,so it is activating as it is but when we define the Ethernet of node on server and allowing it to activate at boot time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Quad Ethernet

I have a Quad Ethernet card in a 220R. 2 ports activated. Each has its own hostname file and both hostnames are in the hosts file. I want both ports to have the same IP address so we can use the 2nd port in case we lose communication on the port. On bootup, the box gives me: SIOCSLIFFLAGS:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
5 Replies

3. AIX

ethernet down

Hello everyone I have a problem with one server, has Aix 5.3 in the errpt has this message IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION F3931284 0105133009 I H ent0 ETHERNET NETWORK RECOVERY MODE EC0BCCD4 0105133009 T H ent0 ETHERNET DOWN F3931284 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet Port Name

I have a new Sun 440 and I am trying to configure it. Non of the Ethernet ports are enabled; when I issue "ifconfig -a" it returns nothing. Is there a way to know the available port name (e.g. ce, bge, etc.) by running a command or so ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ethernet

my solris box network is unreachable how to solve this ipaddress assiagning and entry in vi /etc/host how to solve network is unreachable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris ethernet card and mounting usb drives

I had installed soalris 10 on my dell vostro 1400.It had installed succefully. If i type ifconfig -a it is showing only my loop back adpater. So how to tell me how to mount my usb drive and how to configure my lan ethernet card,My lan ethernet card is Broadcom. Tell me step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testerindia25
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies
SMSC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   SMSC(4)

NAME
smsc -- USB SMSC LAN9xxx Fast Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_smsc_load="YES" Alternatively, to compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uhci device ohci device usb device miibus device smsc DESCRIPTION
The smsc device driver provides support for USB Fast Ethernet adapters based on the SMSC LAN9xxx chipsets. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The following devices are supported by the smsc driver: o SMSC LAN9500, LAN9500A, LAN9505 and LAN9505A based Ethernet adapters o SMSC LAN89530, LAN9530 and LAN9730 based Ethernet adapters o SMSC LAN951x Ethernet adapters with integrated USB hub SEE ALSO
arp(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The smsc device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. AUTHORS
The smsc driver was written by Ben Gray <bgray@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 26, 2014 BSD