Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat DNS Server Setup Centos 6.5 Issues Post 302903776 by Aia on Thursday 29th of May 2014 01:12:37 PM
Old 05-29-2014
test-nameserver.labtest.local is responding
Code:
;; Query time: 3040 msec
;; SERVER: 10.8.0.19#53(10.8.0.19)
;; WHEN: Thu May 29 11:56:11 2014
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 98

Quote:
[root@test-nameserver]# dig @test-nameserver.labtest.local dojo1
dig will not add the domain by default. Try:

Code:
dig @test-nameserver.labtest.local dojo1.labtest.local

Add this line to your /etc/resolv.conf
Code:
domain labtest.local

Now you can use
Code:
dig @test-nameserver.labtest.local dojo1 +search

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Help] Setup slave dns server

Hi all. I need to configure a secondary dns server to get the zones that are in the primary server. How can I do this? It's possible to make to sync automatically? What configuration I ahve to do? And in which files? Thanks in advance. If anyone could give me examples or a tutorial, that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kouh
4 Replies

3. AIX

Setup DNS server on AIX6.1

I'm planning of setting up a DNS server on AIX 6.1. Could someone shed me some lights on the step-by-steps of how to set this up? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
2 Replies

4. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

configure dns in centos

Hi, how do I set the DNS in centos. I don't mean of creating DNS server, but setting what should be the DNS server of centos. I mean to what server he should go in order to translate url into ip (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

6. Linux

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesamii
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

How i can setup socks 5 in CentOS?

how i can setup socks 5 in centos? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hesamii
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem Openvas-setup in CentOs 6.7 !

hi I installed Openvas we have the following problem internet Connection is Ok Even Reinstall the problem is not resolved Openvas Setup, Version: 0.5 Step 1: Update NVT's and SCAP data Please note this step could take some time. Once completed, NVT's and SCAP data will be updated... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
12 Replies

9. Linux

Not able to setup CentOS 7 as gateway [Using squid proxy]

Hello, Did anyone setup a CentOS7 as a gateway (with squid transparent proxy). I am trying to do so but not able to setup. I setup squid , iptables (using it instead of firewalld) and all the necessary IPtables rules but nothing work. It work previously but access.log of squid not getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
4 Replies